• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

transfer rod

mikeyrules

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Rs Venture Gt
As anyone installed a straight shaft(non adjustable)transfer rod on the Apex 06.
It came apart while riding,was wondering why it would wheelie that much...haha
Whats the price tag on that..?
Will check at salvage yard tomorrow.

Mione came apart but I managaed to fix it , it was a little harder to adjust but it worked fine. And as said , Ebay is a good place to start looking.

For the people with the rod out, have you had any issues?? I may give it a try with the rod out (just pulled it out and lubed it up). I run mine on max transfer and love the way it handles now. My biggest concern with the rod out is will the rail tips harpoon the track.

sx7001 said:
For the people with the rod out, have you had any issues?? I may give it a try with the rod out (just pulled it out and lubed it up). I run mine on max transfer and love the way it handles now. My biggest concern with the rod out is will the rail tips harpoon the track.
Had it mine out once and the rear part of the suspension flipped forward and wedged between the rails jammed! no suspension! G_out on a big hole in trail,big pry bar and a 2x4 to pop it back.had it out a while before it happened,rides real soft tho.back in now for good. :letsnow:

tomanytoyz said:
sx7001 said:
Had it mine out once and the rear part of the suspension flipped forward and wedged between the rails jammed! no suspension! G_out on a big hole in trail,big pry bar and a 2x4 to pop it back.had it out a while before it happened,rides real soft tho.back in now for good. :letsnow:

Thanks, the rod is back in.

tomanytoyz said:
sx7001 said:

I assume your sled is a 121? Those are the only ones I have heard that this happens to.

I tried fixing it,but its a little stiff,not working properly so i took it off,it rides like a caddy but im scared something will happen without it,but the season is almost over for me,i must go to work.........blahh
Anyways i did find one for $150.00 is that a good price for a used one,i dont know how much they go for new.

mikeyrules said:
I tried fixing it,but its a little stiff,not working properly so i took it off,it rides like a caddy but im scared something will happen without it,but the season is almost over for me,i must go to work.........blahh
Anyways i did find one for $150.00 is that a good price for a used one,i dont know how much they go for new.

Dumb question, but does the transfer rod actually contribute to ride quality or is it for transfer only?

I am referring to bump absorption on rough trails, does the transfer rod have a factor in this?

extreme 4 stroke said:
yes it does contibute to ride quality. it keeps the suspension flat threw mogules so it dosent follow the terrain.

Didn't know that, thanks ;)!

Currently I have about 3-4 threads showing, it was a suggestion from the RS section and I have been running it like that for about 1700km's.

I had my shock revalved/rebuilt and it made a huge difference but I still think there is room for improvement?
So I am guessing if I extend my transfer rod some I may notice a smoother ride, if so, any idea how many threads I should have showing?
I weigh 200lbs dressed and have my shock on the first clip with the spring on the 3-4th notch(cam setting)
I have also pulled my strap up (tightened) to the 3rd hole.

Back