• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trouble with my shock rub kit

Machzed obviously you don't care about "RULES" ( since you like to emphasize! ). This thread and your other thread on the same subject (also against the RULES) is your opinion and not necessarily the dozens of others that are using this product and not encountering problems. Yamaha did not have a fix for this and Allen came up with something that even Yamaha recommended. Maybe the studs you are using are creating this problem? Allen cannot test every possible variable! For you to sit here and lead everyone to believe that it is not a good product is utter BS maybe if you called Allen and discussed it with him between the two of you, maybe you could determine the cause and an ultimate fix. Posting like this is not the correct way to fix a problem with a good vendor all it does is hurt his reputation. Yes we stick up for our advertisers especially when the customer has not taken the first steps to resolve the issue with said advertiser. Take the time and call Allen! Rules are in place to protect members as well as advertisers you need to start following them! For now your account has been deactivated but you still have the ability to read. Once I hear from Allen that you have made an honest effort to work with him on this I will reactivate your account. BTW this was my idea not Allen's he's a class act and deserves a chance to defend his product in private rather than getting all the bad press your giving him.

I think you are over reacting. This is a public forum so let's ear what people have to say Good or Bad.

Thank you

Its a public forum with rules, everyone needs to read them. If you say you know the rules, but openly refuse to follow them this WILL happen. He was warned a bunch of times.

Yummy said:
I think you are over reacting. This is a public forum so let's ear what people have to say Good or Bad.

Thank you

I have absolutely no problem with someone posting good or bad, as long as they don't do it repetatively, and stay within the guidelines posted in the rules. Look around there are hundreds of threads out there where others are experiencing problems and have been given the freedom to vent a little. Its the ones that bring up the same issues multiple times and give bad advise that get dealt with. All you guys that bought into his handwarmer fix think about it for a few minutes. This could be extremely hazardous even if it does work. I would absolutely hate to hear of someone that burned their hands because their gloves melted to the handle bars and they could'nt pull there hands out fast enough.If Yamaha thought this was a safe fix would'nt you think they would have taken the cheap route?

Re: shock rub kit ,maybe needed some testing?????

machzed said:
My guess is the bearing chattering on the stud heads is too much for the side covers to take and they blow off....or else its ice tearing them up??

Right from the beginning, I often thought if this was gonna be a problem. Sure there are the exact same bearings in the other wheels on the skid..but they have rubber(or plastic) wheels to absorb the impact.

mnmsnowbeast said:
if we have any problem with anyones product that we dont think works up to the hype of its advertisement,than firstly contact the manufacturer IMO !! :rocks:

What the heck is wrong with warning fellow TY'er's of a potential problem?? Geez louise...
:o|

hypertxer said:
i think ulmer is a great distributer he trys his best. others would tell you to f yourself. im not bieng negitive but allens always helped and responded to any of my ? and i apprieciate it.and i think we need more like him. thanks allen

EXACTLY

machzed said:
hey guys...was just trying to keep EVERYONE aware of what is happening with these...I dont agree with sweeping things under carpet with PMs or phone calls or replacements...sure this is all good but these Forums are for us ALL to gain knowledge and SHARE our experiences with our sleds and products we try....

I realize allen is good at what he does and is obviously a sponsor here at TY....and this is why I thought this should be shared in open forum so everyone can benefit from it....Allen has been great with all this and I have no quarrel with him whatsoever.

Why should ANY problem be kept on the lowdown?

Yummy said:

Thank you

Yup, TY has suspended a VERY helpful member, MachZed Dan. NONE of his posts are ATTACKs on Ulmer, NONE.
Shame on you TY. Shame on you.

I doubt I have seen anything more shameful than the grossly inaccurate post above.

The rule is give a heads up PM to the vendor first.
Does that mean info is kept from the members?
Nooooooooooooooo!

Gives the vendor a jumpstart on getting it right.
Does it mean a post could be delayed by a day? Sure.
Is it a courtesy to folks who support the site and could the proceedure lead to an improved product that fills a need, rather than a dead product? Big yes on that one.

Now if 4 people nicely say, hey we got a rule here and the guy twists it around posting no way I am going to do that, what would you do?

Now at the same time is it being a hero to say disregard all warnings on the handle bar rewire? No there is very real risk here of some very big dollar repairs. Was the rewire info kept from you? Nooooo.

I mean look around everywhere here. Is info kept from you guys??

If you let rules get disregarded one by one then we become another HCS.
I know this place would be shut down before that happened.

Oh....guess the suspension???????

Until he calls Allen. Was not told even what to say but the thought is a better product could come from it. In short....he could have been back on the board in a half hour. This is self imposed at this point, a member determined to be above the law and have it his way.

hey guys..

Apparently I must have been allowed back into site since im typing..

Once again Im sorry if everything i wrote seemed to have been somehow misinterpreted.I honestly never meant to come across as bashing anyone,especially Allen who I have much respect for.

I didnt know anything about a 3 day "time off",all i knew was i couldnt log in and from what i read from "convert" it sounded like i was banned for good.....thank you for allowing me to be back in here.

I did Email and PM ALLen as to the issue...Allen and Gary at Ulmer racing were very pleasant as they always are with me...there is much more to the story and I will obviously be MORE AWARE of the rules here on TY....as I do not want to ever cause a great sponsor any problems.

Thanks again to the MODS here at TY for allowing me back in....I have always felt like TY is my home away from home,and If you have read any of my posts I have always tried to be a helping member with positive posts and replies to others.

thank you
Dan

Glad to see everything is on the up and up Dan!!

:4STroke: :rocks: :yam: :Rockon:

Tork said:
DoktorC said:
Can't we just let this one die....

You are free to bypass this thread and move on to something more enjoyable. ;)!

It's hard...a crowd always draws a crowd.

It just seems that everyone's got their back up over this and we're down to picking apart posts to find something that can be construed as an insult. Maybe the underlying issue needs to be handled by PM rather then open forum. The mud slinging isn't going to help the product development or the partys involved....

Back to the topic....

TRACKRUBKIT.jpg

This setup will be more expensive than the current assembly we have. There simply is no way around it with the machining and more parts involved. Lets see what you guys think.

Kit Components:
2-Nylon Wheels
4-Roller Bearings
4-Shields to protect all the seals on the bearings
1-Replacement bolt

Back