• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

QS3 Aft shock rub

1nc 2000

Lifetime Member Tim
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha FX Nytro RTX SE
Is this where you guys are grinding down to prevent shock from hitting.
First picture wear on cross shaft.
14844.jpeg

Second picture shows the point on shock that is rubbing.

Looks like we need to grind down the cross shaft some so it wont hit the shock.
14841.jpeg

Also looks like I need to turn this wheel around so the lever on the qs3 shock does not rub on it anymore.

14847.jpeg

That wheel in second picture looks to have a good size hole in the face. The water gets in that hole and freezes and makes it bigger. Then it shreds

Guys look at your shocks. If that spot is there grind the arm like 1INC did. Damage has probably already been done. These things are leaking!

I personally think if you have the Witness mark on your shock the eyelet has been bent already and body tube cracked. Only reason it’s not leaking is they use a lot of Loctite on the body where it screws into the eyelet. The Loctite isn’t supposed to be sealing it. The oring is. Loctite gets old and then it leaks. Big job. Sucks
0486B973-588A-42A0-AFC0-6EDF72FFCBF4.jpeg
F30B3466-A9AE-4F06-999A-53D705E233B9.jpeg
89981D72-5DCF-4DC8-B7F7-1F99DA73399F.jpeg
B03D2A9F-FC33-451F-AF2B-E36191B3EACE.jpeg

Last edited:
Final result of this is the body tube cracks right in line with the Resevoir/clicker eyelet. Here is 2. On Backorder from Fox!
D83CA05B-504B-443E-BE65-B8F55DA8174E.jpeg

What prevents the shock from hitting the cross shaft?

What prevents the shock from hitting the cross shaft?
Thats the problem. Nothing. They miscalculated travel here. The bumpstops on rails would normally prevent it or the shock would be designed differently to avoid contact. Its not. So you need to make the clearance. Obviously the harder its bottomed out the more likely it is to damage the shock. I see this witness mark on almost all the QS3 shocks. Grind the spot it hits on shaft and paint or marker the witness mark on shock so you know its not hitting again. You make a interesting point though. The bumpstops could be raised or even new ones might help. I have seen the mark since the QS3's first came out though. Could also be a weakness in the threads of shock there but nothing is supposed to contact shock ever.

Last edited:
Good explanation. My preference would be the bumpstop mod.

Back