• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tune Upgrade

DennyTuna

RIP-Logan-Dylan-Never forgotten!
Country
USA
Snowmobile
18 Winder LTX 50th
16 SR Viper RTX (red)
02 SX Viper ER (red)
97 SX Vmax 600 (red)
Last season I had the 240SS SM CL tune, it's a great trail tune for sure but decided to upgrade a little this season. Went with the cluster flash 225/240/270SS SM CL. Just finished with the install, big thanks and shout out to Dave for helping get this done on a Saturday. Let the fun begin!

Last season I had the 240SS SM CL tune, it's a great trail tune for sure but decided to upgrade a little this season. Went with the cluster flash 225/240/270SS SM CL. Just finished with the install, big thanks and shout out to Dave for helping get this done on a Saturday. Let the fun begin!
I like simple , so I had the initial 240 sm tune on my 17 SW , and it was good .
So now I am looking at keeping things as simple as a little more exciting can be , by upgrading to the 270 SS sm tune .
Why did you add the cluster ?
Most gas stations have 91 or 93 , and even when I had the 240 , I always carried some octane booster with me .

I like simple , so I had the initial 240 sm tune on my 17 SW , and it was good .
So now I am looking at keeping things as simple as a little more exciting can be , by upgrading to the 270 SS sm tune .
Most gas stations have 91 or 93 , and even when I had the 240 , I always carried some octane booster with me .
I am upgrading from the 240SS SM to the 270SS PM tune. Should be exciting... I am going to carry some octane boost with me as well.

I wanted to be able to see both boost and AFR readings, upgrading to the cluster flash does this but it also comes with a tune bundle package. For the money it cost, it was a no brainer.

I wanted to be able to see both boost and AFR readings, upgrading to the cluster flash does this but it also comes with a tune bundle package. For the money it cost, it was a no brainer.
It’s actually significantly more. The stand alone tunes have boost on the dash. Throw a AFR gauge on yourself for 277. I was on the fence about this exact thing. I get it can go both ways. But it’s way more money for the cluster. It’s even more for data logging and closed loop. And yes it’s the only true way to get accurate data but it’s way more money and I’m not going to be having to hook up a phone or tablet for data while riding and then have a study session after riding. I put TD tune 17 on with TD turbo force and 3 bar sensor for 934 dollars.(summer sale) 277 for stand alone AFR Guage. That’s 1211. So I get knock protection, boost reading on guage which guys complain is to small and not accurate(but works perfect for me) I also test for boost leaks frequently. And AFR above dash. I’ll take it. It’s 2-3 times that for full load of everything. To each their own. No offense Snoden. I’m not cutting your choice just pointing out other options that are way cheaper.

It’s actually significantly more. The stand alone tunes have boost on the dash. Throw a AFR gauge on yourself for 277. I was on the fence about this exact thing. I get it can go both ways. But it’s way more money for the cluster. It’s even more for data logging and closed loop. And yes it’s the only true way to get accurate data but it’s way more money and I’m not going to be having to hook up a phone or tablet for data while riding and then have a study session after riding. I put TD tune 17 on with TD turbo force and 3 bar sensor for 934 dollars.(summer sale) 277 for stand alone AFR Guage. That’s 1211. So I get knock protection, boost reading on guage which guys complain is to small and not accurate(but works perfect for me) I also test for boost leaks frequently. And AFR above dash. I’ll take it. It’s 2-3 times that for full load of everything. To each their own. No offense Snoden. I’m not cutting your choice just pointing out other options that are way cheaper.
No offense taken Jon. But I didn't pay 2-3 times more for the cluster flash bundle tune. Heck I have just a couple hundred more than you do and also have the closed loop. If it was 2-3 times more I wouldn't have done it....none of it. I'm with you on the data logging, it's not for me either. I just want a simple tune with the ability to check boost and AFR readings. My clutching is spot on for the 240SS tune and should be close for the 270SS tune. I'll be using 240 mostly for trail riding as I have it set as my default tune but can't wait to try out the 270.

No offense taken Jon. But I didn't pay 2-3 times more for the cluster flash bundle tune. Heck I have just a couple hundred more than you do and also have the closed loop. If it was 2-3 times more I wouldn't have done it....none of it. I'm with you on the data logging, it's not for me either. I just want a simple tune with the ability to check boost and AFR readings. My clutching is spot on for the 240SS tune and should be close for the 270SS tune. I'll be using 240 mostly for trail riding as I have it set as my default tune but can't wait to try out the 270.
Its all good.. I priced it every way with every option from TD.. Hurricane is right inline with TD..

There’s no way in hell I have time to look at any guage when I got my sled pinched off,best way to get an accurate , safe reading is to data log after the ride sipping a cold one by the fire!!and look exactly at where my rpms were.

Last edited:

Back