• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo viper - oil splashing underhood...

Mine leaks , no signs of loss on site glass. Drips from clutch side, coming from vent hose under inter cooler. I am pretty sure It shows it's ugly head whenever slightly leaning on its right. (Oil tank higher then vent)

If it leaks and stops fine, but I won't remove oil until it stops.

2014 viper, mpi
2009 Phazer 144"

Mine leaks , no signs of loss on site glass. Drips from clutch side, coming from vent hose under inter cooler. I am pretty sure It shows it's ugly head whenever slightly leaning on its right. (Oil tank higher then vent)

If it leaks and stops fine, but I won't remove oil until it stops.

2014 viper, mpi
2009 Phazer 144"
Did you mean the oil/air separator is above the vent? Does yours go back into the intake tube or the brass vent with relief cut?

The pipe coming from the oil separator that is now just laying out by the coolant cap ( on the hurricane set up ) is crazy. This is going to leak oil no mater what it's a breather tube, and if your oil separator fails like mine did its going to dump oil. I can't believe huricane left this pipe in that location, dumping directly above a red hot turbo, that's just asking for a burnt sled. We added a extension hose down to the belly pan to alleviate any potential oil dripping all over the engine, exhaust, or turbo. I also keep my oil at about 1/2 or lower on the dipstick.

No, but need a fix for sure. It's one of the first turbo from Matt. I will give him a call.

2014 viper, mpi
2009 Phazer 144"

Back