• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turn key to crank sled and cuts power.

You've got to be kidding. Are you not aware that when you buy an aftermarket solenoid for 20 bucks instead of the OEM for 70 bucks that the risk is on you?
Hell no. Learned my lesson the hard way I guess. Had no idea it wasn’t oem. Had a Yamaha part number listed. Got screwed. I was searching for my exact part number after checking the parts fiche. How would I have known this was the risk?

Hell no. Learned my lesson the hard way I guess. Had no idea it wasn’t oem. Had a Yamaha part number listed. Got screwed. I was searching for my exact part number after checking the parts fiche. How would I have known this was the risk?
You previously stated that you bought a cheap knock off.
It is not uncommon for aftermarket suppliers to use the oem number as a cross reference to aid with parts lookup.
This is not to say that all aftermarket parts are junk, because that is not the case.
However, it is always good to first check the price of an oem part before going aftermarket since sometimes there is little price difference, or none at all.
When it comes to electrical parts, it is usually best to use oem.
If at any time I use aftermarket electrical parts, like a starter for example, I fully understand the risk I'm taking which is that it is more likely to not last as long, or leave me stranded.
I'm certainly not going to sue or smash through the front a building for a decision that I made.

And it's kinda hard to sue someone in China. In my case, I was fully aware it was a copy. I was cheap and foolish at the time.

It can be hard to discern the real OEM parts from the fakes in online stores and listings. It can be at a point where they even copy the packaging to a T. eBay, Amazon and AliExpress are the usual places that these copies are peddled.

Battery cables are easy to make yourself. You can even make your own copper terminals. The cables aren't as big as on car batteries so it shouldn't be that bad to make.

And you might not be able to turn the starter by turning the primary clutch. The one way starter clutch is inside and part of the engine itself so if that clutch is working properly, it shouldn't turn the starter.

You previously stated that you bought a cheap knock off.
It is not uncommon for aftermarket suppliers to use the oem number as a cross reference to aid with parts lookup.
This is not to say that all aftermarket parts are junk, because that is not the case.
However, it is always good to first check the price of an oem part before going aftermarket since sometimes there is little price difference, or none at all.
When it comes to electrical parts, it is usually best to use oem.
If at any time I use aftermarket electrical parts, like a starter for example, I fully understand the risk I'm taking which is that it is more likely to not last as long, or leave me stranded.
I'm certainly not going to sue or smash through the front a building for a decision that I made.
It’s simple they misrepresented the part and also sold me a faulty part that never should of made it through quality control. I understand parts can fail with time and leave you stranded or what not. I don’t expect to be sold a part that never should have made it out the plant. This should not have happened instantly. It’s not my fault. It’s the manufactures of the parts fault. I fell victim to all this and yes I would shove this part down their throat for selling me a junk part that ruined stuff due to their company quality assurance or should I say lack of. Ya I UNDERSTAND the lesser part might not last as long of leave you stranded. Sure no big deal I take it and accept that.
HOWEVER I don’t expect to get sold a junk part that shouldn’t have made it through quality control that was faulty from the START!! Nor would I except or think that lesser part would ruin my F-ing sled.
There is no way this issue should have even existed if company had morales and better business practices in place for good reason. I figured out after it happened happened that is was a knock of part and is why I say that. Ya not all aftermarket parts are junk like this so would NEVER expect there is even a level of quality out there like this or did I get the one solenoid that was shot and slipped through quality assurance?!? Yup just my luck...

Last edited by a moderator:

Back