• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TY Ride Dates 2018-19 Season!!

The Houghton area better be puking some lake effect soon cause right now there's barely enough for a base
:letsnow::letsnow::letsnow:

The Houghton area better be puking some lake effect soon cause right now there's barely enough for a base
:letsnow::letsnow::letsnow:
I heard they got almost a foot in some places up there the other day.

snow_depth_shallow.2018120715.0.600.450._13277.4827._12603.5726.dem.none.ikm.m.1.0.0.0.0.0.png
Blue is 8-12"
Pink is 16-20"
Like I said prolly enough for a good base but will need another 12-18" for good riding.

Last year wasn't looking good either but they got dumped on a few days before, anything can happen, 3 years ago or so when the Houghton Ty ride was cancelled friend of mine and I went up there when they got the first 10", all i gotta say is that it wasn't fun dodging rock's and going around the unfroze creeks

I would suggest anyone that has doubts, please just stay home. I am going no matter what and its up to you if you want to sit home and look at your sled or go and work out a few bugs.

Plenty of snow for me.. most will cancel but real snowmobilers will go..LOL
Real snowmobilers!! My buddy and I left my place in Menominee county mi at 10am, got trail permits at gas station in Powers, a spare tire/wheel for the trailer in Iron mountain, worked on trailer lights in Crystal Falls, got gas in Covington, made a wrong turn and ended up in Sidnaw, turned around , made to Calumet, dropped off behind the American Inn, went to Copper Harbor and back, ate at Hardee's in Kingsford and where back home at my place by 10pm, if that's not a real snowmobiler than I don't know what is.
:-o

Last edited:
I would suggest anyone that has doubts, please just stay home. I am going no matter what and its up to you if you want to sit home and look at your sled or go and work out a few bugs.
Should be plenty of snow to ride on for all you trail guy's, just not sure how my 2.25" power claw will do.

well putting some miles on betsy this weekend as none of the stuff is here for new sled and i am not taking it out in the trees and rocks until i do. hell i just put a $400 rail on a 20 year old sled so i could use it this weekend as evilbay was going to take too long to get it to me.

FYI on this weekends ride. Its very questionable and I know there is a pile of trails closed so come up at your own risk. I am heading up and uncertain how good it will be with this warm up that is upon us but I need to test a few things and I am sure I will find a place to play.

I would second what Mr Sled is saying! I am up here now and would say it’s possible to get some riding in but it won’t be a high mileage weekend.

Back