• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TY Ride Dates 2018-19 Season!!

Everybody better start practicing their snow dance steps....we're gonna need some help before a week from now or it's going to be marginal at best....there was a LOT of traffic over the holiday week, conditions be damned.....and as you might expect things are a tad iffy.....nothing a good 8 to 10" of white stuff wouldn't cure...but the forecast only calls for "snow showers"....I suppose if you take enough showers you could get well, eh? :dunno:

I am banking on it. Same as the last ride, if you are worried, then stay home. We are going no matter what. I will find snow to ride on.

I am banking on it. Same as the last ride, if you are worried, then stay home. We are going no matter what. I will find snow to ride on.

One of our FIBs that stays here all winter rode approx 80 mi. yesterday with his wife....said the trails weren't terrible but cross-country can be a "challenge"....FWIW

I reserved a king room at Boarders for the giveaway ride today.
Sounds like rooms are filling quick. A few left that are being held for our group. Otherwise it is booked solid.

Things might be improving....we had rain in town yesterday which was freezing as it fell and made the drive home "interesting" to say the least....but forecast calls for a wide-spread 6 to 12" first part of next week....we can but hope they are accurate this time....

I'm out for next week. Death in the family early this morning requires my being home. Stinks because my son Jarred was coming up. Be safe and enjoy the ride and after ride shenanigans !

I'm out for next week. Death in the family early this morning requires my being home. Stinks because my son Jarred was coming up. Be safe and enjoy the ride and after ride shenanigans !

Condolences Dave, we will miss you. Are you coming to ishpeming in February?

Things might be improving....we had rain in town yesterday which was freezing as it fell and made the drive home "interesting" to say the least....but forecast calls for a wide-spread 6 to 12" first part of next week....we can but hope they are accurate this time....

Appreciate your input, buddah. I'm coming from 1800miles away. Mud, grass & concrete are made for 4x4's

Thank you.....joe

Update: they've cut the forecast just a bit but still calling for 4 to 8" starting very late tonight into tomorrow and continued "snow showers" throughout the week...that'll be enough to save the trails....some folks are still riding and say it's passable but thin....off-trail group(s) might be in for a "challenge"...

Like I said. Fun ride. If I get 20 mi on going back and forth in same patch of snow testing clutching and suspension it will be a great weekend! Its way better than we have here. River isnt even safe here yet. Meet friends new and old. Tip a few. Good eating and time with my daughter. Sounds GREAT to me! Game on.

Manhattan Mike, no Ishpeming trip. I'll be in Ontario,with Crewchief and company for a week long trip. Excited about heading back to Ontario and seeing a different area of that province.

Back