• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

UPDATE!!! 2011 NY Ride.

I concur ..the pics posted of snow in Cran Lake didnt look half bad. I def do not want to do the 6 hr ride out west to Cattaragus or Chataqua Cty for marginal beat up conditions (as Honk posted)

Maybe we should consider keeping the ride in Cran Lake and crossing our fingers (and toes!) that some snow will fall Tues into Weds, as predicted? Worse case scenario is we can going east to Lake Placid and hit the big Olympic ski-jump!!

My time is off as well...so I am riding SOMEWHERE...come hell or highwater.

What about Cortland and Chenango Counties...looks like some LE snow may have passed through your area RX-1Man?

NY AttakGT said:
I concur ..the pics posted of snow in Cran Lake didnt look half bad. I def do not want to do the 6 hr ride out west to Cattaragus or Chataqua Cty for marginal beat up conditions (as Honk posted)

Maybe we should consider keeping the ride in Cran Lake and crossing our fingers (and toes!) that some snow will fall Tues into Weds, as predicted? Worse case scenario is we can going east to Lake Placid and hit the big Olympic ski-jump!!

My time is off as well...so I am riding SOMEWHERE...come hell or highwater.

What about Cortland and Chenango Counties...looks like some LE snow may have passed through your area RX-1Man?

If we don't ride Cranberry area or do the bagger from Westernville I'm riding my area. Fair to good(in spots) but we should get more snow from the storm Tuesday/Wednesday.

Lets just do it! I wannta ride, Ive had my suit on all summer! I will be at the Budget tuesday afternoon, and then at the bowling alley in the morning weds. Are we still gonna try and meet there? Hope so. see ya soon.Honk

I dunno Dave. I am kind of liking the NOAA forecast for your area. Maybe the 3 Bear Inn is calling our name.

Definietly not as good of an outloook in Cranberry lake.

Attachments

• Marathon Weather.JPG
    Marathon Weather.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 112
Dan I think we have pretty much written off Cranberry Lake at this point..if that helps you. They dont have much snow as it is...nor are they supposed to get much the rest of this week.

Sorry for the last minute changes with the ride..but rather than just cancel, we are going to find snow and some trails to ride.

I also canceled room at stone foot, they claim a new foot of snow last night, and say conditions should be fine. Whats everyone think???

just talked to Karen from the stone manor. She said they got 8 to 10 inches last night and she is going to talk to the groomer drivers when they come in for lunch to see how they really are! She also has a site up which she is going to try and update as often as she can. im trying to get her site addy

And now a new variable!! Possible decent snow in Cranberry Lk.....hahaha.

Stay tuned folks!!

Nick, any input on that? i am always weary of trail conditions from Motels/Hotels. Bad trail reports mean cancelled reservations.....just saying.

But on a positive not she didn't give any trail reports. Just that they received snow. :) waiting for groomers to come in for lunch. Groomers are out meaning grooming trails meaning snow meaning let's rideee lol

Wow, that would be great if they got 8-10 considering only flurries were forecast. I'm thinking she said 8/10ths of an inch LOL. One of our pilots is good friends with the president of the Snow Skippers snowmobile club. He put in a call to him to get the real story, stay tuned.

2008FxNytro said:
Is everyone trying to ride together still or are we just cancelling the ride for now and do our own thing?

I'd like to still keep the group ride...for those that are willing to be flexible and follow the snow. I know my time off is approved..so i want to ride somewhere.

If the consensus is snow is good and trails are good in Cranberry Lake...then so be it. I dont believe it will be the case though.

BBW is probably out scouting the areas and scouring the weather maps this morning and will hopefully add his professional opinion shortly.

Like i said, sorry for going back and forth with this ride and where it is going to happen..but obviously this will be a last minute decision where the best snow and trails will be. Those that want to ride it out and go riding as a group, by all means, come along.

My thinking is we keep the ride up at Cranberry Lake. However I think we should all trailer up there. You will just beat up your sled if we try to ride from my area up there. There is just not enough snow, and it is even thinner up by Braningham. I say for those who can, we meet up to the Stone Manor hotel at 1PM, and get a half days ride in on Wed. Then we can ride all day Thurs. and Fri., and most of the day Saturday, before we head back. Does everyone like that idea? If anyone wants to ride from the Barneveld area up there as orginally planned, go for it, but I for one will be trailering up there, if we have the ride.

Back