• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

UPDATE!!! 2011 NY Ride.

Hey guys, i got word of a new trail from indian lake to cranberry. if someone has a chance see if you can find any info. im going sunday to talk to a guy i believe has some good info on it. this could be our ticket to cranberry from here!!

Greetings fellow TY'ers! I'm game for what ever the consensus decides. At this point it seems like a crap shoot for the final decision. After input from riders this weekend we'll soon have a plan. Fret not......it always works out......it always has.

Very stoked personally to attend this gathering and share the good times that are inevitable.

Take care all and think snow!

:yam:

Hope this all works out. Getting lotsa snow in western new york, and looks like all of NY will be hammered on Saturday. I was going up early to, but thought Gordons family were keeping him from riding till Weds? anybody know? Talk to ya all soon, Honk

716-532-4669

In a previous post Gordon said his wife's birthday was the 10th and his son was coming in for a surprise visit. Originally he was going to be riding with his son during the week but he later indicated he was on with the group for the ride leaving on the 12th at 10am. He may just be riding with his son on the 11th because when I talked to him on the phone he is still going with the group to Cranberry.

Do you guys think since im driving up for friday morning and staying at the motel friday night so i can ride saturday also, that i should unload at the motel ? i was told there is room there. why are we using the adirondack lanes..for room reasons or is that a better place to unload. thanks. walt

Walt, not sure I'm following you. The motel you are staying at is in Cranberry Lake or one near the Adirondack Lanes in Mapledale? The bowling alley is being used for parking for those who are riding from that area to Cranberry Lake on Wednesday(snow permitting). If you are trailering to Cranberry then you would park at the motel you chose to stay at. I believe most riders will be at Stone Manor.

2008FxNytro said:
Hey guys, i got word of a new trail from indian lake to cranberry. if someone has a chance see if you can find any info. im going sunday to talk to a guy i believe has some good info on it. this could be our ticket to cranberry from here!!
There is a new trail from Indian laketo the cranberry lake trails. At Indian lake you have to get on the blue mountain trail s84. then follow signs to newcomb. Lots of parking @ Indian lake by town garage off of Pilon Rd.

Yeah i am staying at the stone manor. i will be arriving there about 8 am. friday morning. are we meeting at this motel or will i have to ride from this motel to a meeting place? sorry for the confusion here is my cell so you have it. 518-586-6208

Ride is questionable!!!

Ok......I think we are pulling the plug on being able to ride out of Oneida up to Cranberry Lake. BBW was out riding from Westernville to West Leyden and said it was real scratchy, alot of rocks in the trail, etc.... At this point, looks like Plan B might be better to trailer and meet in Cranberry Lake at Stone Manor. And even with that, I am unsure of the conditions there and if it is worth the trip up. Waiting for Mr Pitstop to chime in with some conditions around Cran Lake, Star Lake, and Wanakena. Hopefully he says good conditions and we can keep the ride there.

Another alternative I just discussed with BBW is going out west. Honk reports some good riding in the western part of the state (Cattargaus and Chataqua Counties). So just playing it by ear.

Anybody that made reservations at Stone Manor, keep in mind would have to cancel tomorrow morning IF we decided not to ride there.

Stay tuned! Hopefully Mr Pitstop chimes in with a good trail report!

Anybody else have any input?

Ok guys, I rode from Star Lake to Wanakena and across the lake to Cranberry Yesterday. The trails here are fair at best. Since the rain and warm up we have gotten only 7 inches of snow. The trails are passable but the snow is thin. It has snowed lightly all day and Im not sure what the rest of the week holds.

The lake is great, I went out and ran around on that for a couple hours, its smooth, and fast with some decent snow for lube and cooling but thats the best riding around right now. I think the group needs to make a quick decision and decide if everyone still wants to come up and try it or try to head to a different area or postpone for later in the season. It really sucks by this time last year we had great trails. I had on about 1500 miles last season at this time, this year Im under 400.

They are calling for snow all week, we may get a few more inches or maybe get dumped on so it could get better between now ad the ride. Right now the trails are passable, everything is froze up good but they are boney. On gravel roads you can feel stones hitting the carbides frequently, you have to keep your eye out for rocks or rough spots on the ground because they are not covered well. You can ride, its just not great...

I wish I had better news but I don't... At this point I would like everyones input on what they would like to do... Does anyone know what the riding is like around the hill??? I know parts had alot of snow and others were thin last I heard. Has anyone been up there lately????

The Hill is very thin and bony, as of now..in all areas, even worse on the east side towards Turin and Brantingham. Closest decent riding right now off the hill is around Williamstown and Kasoag areas, or so I have heard.

I know I dont want to scratch around the hill (or any other area) for 3 days. Looks like some flurries tomorrow, nothing Tues, and some possible snow Weds in Cranberry Lake. Maybe squash the Cranberry Lake trip until later in the season when snow is better.

It does look like parts of Tug Hill are slated for snow starting Wednesday straight through the weekend. Can always roll the dice. I have a place that can accomodate the group, IF we decided to try the Hill.

BBW should be chiming in around 6 or so after he gets his puter back and running

RX1-Man, hows it looking down your way?
PS. Dont worry Nick. We wont shoot the messenger about the bad conditions. Rather know the truth how it is....not good.

I'm back up and running. I say we postphone the Cranberry Lake trip for now. Not alot of snow on the Hill right now either. I rode from my house up to about 10 miles North of West Lyden, and the snow got thinner as I headed North. No one is grooming yet because there is not enough snow. I think we should head out to Honks area about 1 hr. south of Buffalo for our ride. I am waiting to here back from him about possible places to stay out there. I understand the riding is great out there right now. As soon as I hear back from Mark, someone will post information for a possible ride out in the western part of the state.

Airmech, Viperman and I did 105 miles from Preble today. Conditions were better than I expected but still need more snow. Definitely not good enough for a three day ride event around here. Viperman and I are all in favor of riding western NY as we have always wanted to but never made it out.

Go west young man.......there's snow in them thar hills!

RX-1MAN just called me with the idea of riding out by Honk. I'm all for it. I think its great to break the monotony of "the hill" and explore some uncharted territory......count me in!

:Rockon:

Back