• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

UPDATE!!! 2011 NY Ride.

We can find our way to Cranberry Gordon. As Steve said, it would be nice to have you and your son come along for a few days. Since he will be in town I guess that spare bedroom you mentioned won't be available :o| LOL. Guess if I do ride from my house I'll find a hotel. Maybe the Budget Inn in Mapledale if that is where the majority of riders plan to depart from.

My sled is getting closer... at least she runs now, time to start tuning the carbs and clutches, ugh, why didnt i buy a FI sled...

Glad to hear it! Won't need a room now anyways Gordon as Viperman isn't taking Tuesday off so we will trailer up Wednesday am. Who is planning on departing from the bowling alley?? Where will the meeting point be with you Gordon for those leaving Mapledale?

Hope you guys wanna put on some mileage.... I'd like to make Thurs and Fri 150+ mile days and cover some different terrain. I was thinking maybe we'd make a loop one day starting in Cranberry Lake, head up to Horseshoe lake, down to Beaver river station, across the resi. to Still Water. Then if time is good still, we'll run out to the Harrisville rod & gun club, its usually a good hit, then to Star Lake where we'll fill up for the next day (gas is $4/gal in Cranberry) and head back up to Cranberry...

Day two we'll head out in the same direction innitially but at horseshoe lake we'll go north to Tupper (gotta fill up there to since its on the trail and the cheapest spot). Then up to Charlies in Lake Clear Jct., up to Mt. View for a stop at Belle's (sp??) Great place to eat and hang out.. Then, if time is still good and everyone is up to it, we'll head over to Deer Valley Trails, then to Cedal Lodge, then head back towards Cranberry..

Whichever day looks the clearest, we'll run up little blue mountain and check out the view. Usually the clearer the day the better the view, on most clear days you can see White Face Mountain in Lake Placid. Its a great stop...

This trip plan is subject to change..... Hows everyone feel about this plan???

mr.pitstop said:
Hope you guys wanna put on some mileage.... I'd like to make Thurs and Fri 150+ mile days and cover some different terrain. I was thinking maybe we'd make a loop one day starting in Cranberry Lake, head up to Horseshoe lake, down to Beaver river station, across the resi. to Still Water. Then if time is good still, we'll run out to the Harrisville rod & gun club, its usually a good hit, then to Star Lake where we'll fill up for the next day (gas is $4/gal in Cranberry) and head back up to Cranberry...

Day two we'll head out in the same direction innitially but at horseshoe lake we'll go north to Tupper (gotta fill up there to since its on the trail and the cheapest spot). Then up to Charlies in Lake Clear Jct., up to Mt. View for a stop at Belle's (sp??) Great place to eat and hang out.. Then, if time is still good and everyone is up to it, we'll head over to Deer Valley Trails, then to Cedal Lodge, then head back towards Cranberry..

Whichever day looks the clearest, we'll run up little blue mountain and check out the view. Usually the clearer the day the better the view, on most clear days you can see White Face Mountain in Lake Placid. Its a great stop...

Sounds like a great plan to me. Glad you have some cool routes planned out. Looking forward to the ride. Now to get the rest of the sled back together!

Glad to see you full on board BBW!

NY AttakGT said:
mr.pitstop said:

Sounds like a great plan to me. Glad you have some cool routes planned out. Looking forward to the ride. Now to get the rest of the sled back together!

Glad to see you full on board BBW!

Yea i guess i should probably get mine finished up too lol.

150+ miles sounds good. Usually when we are following Gordon he's ready to make his first stop at 150 LOL.

Hey Steve and Dan(and Viperman), summer is for sled work, winter is for riding ;)!

RX-1MAN said:
150+ miles sounds good. Usually when we are following Gordon he's ready to make his first stop at 150 LOL.

Hey Steve and Dan(and Viperman), summer is for sled work, winter is for riding ;)!

No no no. Summer is for boating. Fall is for getting sleds ready lol. Unfortunately I didn't get my new chassis til then and of course I had to buy a bunchh of goodies for it lol. It should be together and running by next week

I thought the 150 miles was before lunch, not for the full day. Last time I went up around Cranberry lake from my house we put on 320 miles. We will set up parking plans from my house in 10 days or so, and also where to meet Mr. pitstop. Have a Merry christmas

Sounds good. Keep me updated so we can plan where to all meet as I will be leaving from my house. And I also need to let bowling alley know if anyone and how many vehicles will be parked there overnight.

Back