• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

UPDATE!!! 2011 NY Ride.

Had a good time riding with the TY crew....old faces and new. Was a good 3 days riding a new area. Good thing I bought that stock last week in the carbide and hyfax companies. Gonna make a killing after this ride!!!

Danny-Nutz...got your back, bro! Anytime you need a lug nut off the ol' Jeep to fix the sled.

No pics here, not a single one. Used to be the resident TY trip photographer but after ball-busting and hummin' and hawing about taking a few extra minutes at the stops to take all the pics and trying to get the troops to take a moment to line up for some group shots (again, shenanigans), proved to be too much of a p.i.t.a, so I didnt bother bringing the camera this time around. Oh well, can look at all the other good group shots for the rides in Michigan and Wisconsin.

Was a wonderful ride home. Had a trailer tire blowout halfway between Lake George and Albany....yea, in white out conditions on the Northway (I-87), wasnt fun. Ended up having to get the trailer flat-bedded back to a shop in Lk George to get the tire changed. Couldnt bust lug nuts loose beacuse the rim came off the tire and was just spinning when I was trying to loosen them. Needed an impact gun to get the job done. Where were ya with that impact gun, Dan?!?! Needless to say, left Cran lake at 11am, didnt get home till about 11pm that night.

See ya soon on the next NY Casual ride.

Hey Guys, and Girls, Good riding with Ya'll!! Had alot of fun, got home to some deep powder and been ridin ever since. Hope to see Ya'll at the next Casual ride!

Boomer, the trails are so sweet 150 is easy! if not just bring that easy button. We did 150 today with two14 year old girls and a rookie dad. six hours and lotsa fun.

Lifted the back end of my Apex up Sunday to get a good look at the Hyfax, and saw the track looked real loose. I was about to tighten it up when I saw that the back wheels on the rear axle had all blown their bearings, causing the track to hand down some. I wonder how long I was riding that way. Took the Rage out for a ride yesterday. Trails around here are in good condition now. Its off to the Yami dealer to get some new rear wheels. At least for the middle wheel you can replace the bearing.

Gordon, you can buy new yamaha wheels for the back outers that have replaceable bearings. Only like 30 bucks.

Steve, sorry to hear about the blowout!!

Honk said:
Hey Guys, and Girls, Good riding with Ya'll!! Had alot of fun, got home to some deep powder and been ridin ever since. Hope to see Ya'll at the next Casual ride!

Boomer, the trails are so sweet 150 is easy! if not just bring that easy button. We did 150 today with two14 year old girls and a rookie dad. six hours and lotsa fun.

Honk, A group of us from Olean put on almost 200 miles last Saturday over your way. We started in Salamanca and rode out to South Dayton then Mayville, came back through Kennedy and Randolph. The Cherry Creek area had excellent conditions but Mayville was rough. I'll be back out there this Sunday. We should push for a TY ride in the Western NY region.

Nor'easter drove up from Philly and tagged along with us. I think he enjoyed the Chautauqua ridge area.

Grizz, how come you guys are trailering? the trail comes from Olean, I thought. Is that trail still rough in spots? Yes! the ridge is GREAT! best conditions I can recall yesterday. Every club we went through was groomed Perfect!

Check out the 2nd casual ride. We may do one here, or Marathon Ny with Rx-1 man. Keep in touch ,Honk

Annnnnnnnd have a torn track as well (6 inch tear in middle of track). Those rocks in the trail were killer!! Carbides...SHOT! Track.......SHOT!

A replacing we will go! Time to pull 'er back in the garage for surgery. New 136" Camo Cobra track is on the way. Should be here Friday. Gonna try my luck with Bergstrom (for some triple points) first thing in the morning tomorrow. If not, a new set of Shaper bars will go on.

huh, and I thought it was bad that I had to add some more oil to mine, maintenance on them 4strokes is nuts! lol...

Wow, that sucks about your track, I looked both of mine all over and my wifes xc had a stud rip a square window out on the outside of the track, gunna have to take it easy on it until I can get a new track and studs for her.. Mine faired well. I had 3 loose studs I had to cut off with a dremel and replace because they wouldn't tighten or loosen and of course my skis and carbides but other than that it did well.

grizztracks said:
Honk, A group of us from Olean put on almost 200 miles last Saturday over your way. We started in Salamanca and rode out to South Dayton then Mayville, came back through Kennedy and Randolph. The Cherry Creek area had excellent conditions but Mayville was rough. I'll be back out there this Sunday. We should push for a TY ride in the Western NY region.

Nor'easter drove up from Philly and tagged along with us. I think he enjoyed the Chautauqua ridge area.

It was the first opportunity that I had riding out in Western New York, and I actually enjoyed everything. Riding in the snow nearly all day Saturday was really neat. Hope to do it again Grizztracks. I would also like to meet up with the TY group this season as well. ;)!

BIG BLACK WARRIOR said:
Steve, if you order a set of Bergstrom triple carbides, you will not get them for the rest of this winter. Lucky to have them by April.

Only reason I am even trying is Dana ordered a set on Wednesday and they were on his doorstep in NH on Monday. So giving it a few more hours before I order the set of StudBoy Shaper bars. My finger IS getting kind of sore from hitting re-dial so many times though!

photos!!

he ya go!
100_0083.jpg
100_0079.jpg
100_0072.jpg
100_0071.jpg
100_0066.jpg
100_0058.jpg

Back