• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

updates and face lift

skidooboy

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
well, after finally getting a subframe, and some birthday gifts, i put the mtx through another nip tuck session with my wrenchin partner grapeape yesterday.

with the new subframe installed while we were outwest (big thanks to michelle at oregon trail yamaha) :Rockon: we installed, ulmers oilite bushings in the timber sled front end, ulmers air filter kit, some new graphics from arcticFX, new powerclaw track, aligned the track and front end to one another, cleaned her up, and decided to take a few pics and ride it up the street for her maiden voyage.

throttle response is crisp from what i gathered in the few hundred feet i rode it. the new power commander with ulmer maps should really wake her up. with the clutching exhaust, filters and the commander she should rip. the ulmers know their stuff. and i love the customer service we recieve from them. allen really helped my wife get me some nice goodies for my birthday without me knowing. (THANKS AL!)

nice to see the a arms, and shocks all sitting inline with one another for the first time since i have owned the sled. if the last ride was any indication on how the sled rides, i should be very happy our next trip with the suspension, subframe and track upgrades.

hope you enjoy the pics, and update. ski

Attachments

• 100_2279.JPG
    100_2279.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 100_2280.JPG
    100_2280.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 100_2281.JPG
    100_2281.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 112

Now ,I like that color scheme a lot!! !! Looks great Ski....stay away from hidden treasures and she'll run true on the trail for a long time. LOL

Hey, if ya ever get rid of your wife, send her my way. Gotta love a woman that buys her husband sled parts!! :-o

SkiDB,

If I had yer money.... well, I'd burn mine! Wish I coulda rode with ya out here in the Cowboy state - maybe next year!

Mine is suprisingly pleasant compared to the stock suspension. Soaks up the 1/2 mile of trail that it takes to get to the 25 miles of boondockin' very well...

i like the timbersled rear very much in the trail studder. works well in the deep as well. hoping the powerclaw makes it that much better. thanks for all the positive comments, makes the hard work worth it. ski

Back