• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Updating my '08 Nytro MTX

RED

Lifetime Member
Been riding my '03 TRX1 since late 2004 till 2014. Figure it was time to get a newer sled. Still have the TRX1, not worth much other than to me. Fast forward to March of '15, picked up a used Nytro. I skipped the Apex, to me it was more or less the same sled but with FI. I didn't take a picture with my camera to show the before. Here is the start of the rebuild since last summer.

Its good to come to the party late, everybody else has done the homework for me. As with the RX1, was a guinea pig with some of it. First step was to replace the exhaust donuts with copper ones. Cant see them, but there is 3 copper donuts in there.
001_zpsnuxfqruj.jpg

While changing the donuts, notice the tunnel intercooler didn't look so good. Removed it to find lots of rub marks from going thru tunnel, rivet, etc. Likely wouldn't have been an issue, but got it welded up to be safe.
003_zps9st5oq46.jpg

Made hole thru bulk head bigger to stop rubbing on tunnel intercooler.
002_zps1tmltnns.jpg

These rivets were rubbing on the pipe, so turned them around. After I replaced them, I was not impressed with my rivet job. So redid it, but didn't take a picture. Used better rivets for the second attempt.
004_zpsxrjbgtkl.jpg

Last edited:
When I removed the fuel tank to replace the donuts, notice there was that tin foil tape trying to fill the void between bellow heat shield & front of tunnel. Cut a piece to fill the gap. Not very pretty looking, but tank hides it.
005_zpsn7lgo8si.jpg

Since 4 strokes have very little storage, I sold off the seat that this sled came with & went to a Mountain Mod seat. Got this block plate for the stock muffler shield from CR Racing. Mounted the boost controller to it, ran the turbo inlet ducting.
006_zpsqjfbjqm1.jpg

Sled came with mcx muffler, it now lives in old grain bin. Installed CR tunnel dump. Made up my on turbo skid plate.
007_zpsfo3cmy0f.jpg

008_zpsafdyvmlp.jpg

nice, i still have my turbo rx1 .not worth selling .have a 2008 nytro and 2015 sr viper for trail sleds .

When I pulled the chaincase apart, had the broken bolt. Replaced it with the '10 axle, collar, bolt. The axle gets 20mm more of support. That's why I updated it.
013_zpsoksbgffd.jpg

The used track I got from buddy Climbmax. 162/2.5/15
015_zpsifqtqcot.jpg

Replaced all the brgs in chaincase, replaced all the brgs on both shafts. As this sled is used to me, wasn't going to chance it.
005_zps1uyvpdkv.jpg

Also new oil tank, wasn't leaking yet.
006_zpsvikqjxva.jpg

The rails used to be black, rear susp arms were also black. Not a fan of that look. So updated it & put on slydog wheels to match the skies.
017_zpsheg4wwta.jpg

007_zpsnvczjgoz.jpg

008_zpswoje0jvs.jpg

Back