• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Using my Phazer MTX 2013

I have two Boosted Phazers and one stock. One MPI Supercharged Phazer and one MCX Express turbo one. MCX Turbo is for sale if that answers your question.........S/C Phazer has massive torque at take off, very fun. MCX take off is sad.

The sled is good to go.

20131201_122138.jpg

Not that much snow yet.

Added a holder for the fuel container today.

20131207_181934.jpg

20131207_182042.jpg

weldion said:
I heard that MCX is working on a new turbo kit for the Phazer. Maybe it's something to get?

Intresting, heard anything more? Like when they will start selling a kit again?

soldi said:
weldion said:
I heard that MCX is working on a new turbo kit for the Phazer. Maybe it's something to get?

Intresting, heard anything more? Like when they will start selling a kit again?

You can read about it in the newest Snowrider magazine. A guy have made a 115 hp turbo kit for the Phazer and MCX is now making a copy of that kit. So it will be the same hp as the 600 e-tec. It will have the same IC as the old kit, but no lowering of the compression. So about 0.4 bar of load.
But I don't know when they will sell it.

stingray719 said:
I have two Boosted Phazers and one stock. One MPI Supercharged Phazer and one MCX Express turbo one. MCX Turbo is for sale if that answers your question.........S/C Phazer has massive torque at take off, very fun. MCX take off is sad.

I might be intrested in that mcx kit, send me a pm with what you want for it..

Had some trouble today with too high RPM's on the sled. It wanted to stay at about 12000 RPM when in full throttle. So after the ride I went home and took the secondary apart and added the shim again. Had some trouble with the reverse without the shim, so now it works perfect again.
The belt rides a bit lower now than without the shim, but still as high as it should according to the workshop guide.
Hope it works better next time. Still lacking snow here!

Still hitting the rev limiter sometimes. But it's when it's slippery conditions. I can't say if the Schmidt Bros kit hits the limiter more often than the original clutch kit. But when riding in normal conditions it works nice.

Nice job on the sled! How did you paint your plastics black and front bumper? Did you use plasti-dip? I'm looking at doing mine just wondering how it holds up!

Da Yammie said:
Nice job on the sled! How did you paint your plastics black and front bumper? Did you use plasti-dip? I'm looking at doing mine just wondering how it holds up!

The plastic is painted with plastidip. It works well as long you keep it out of stronger chemicals. The front bumper and the Betterboards is powdercoated.

Got a really nice trip to the mountains yesterday. No complaining on the snow conditions. Got a code 81 on the sled while riding. The hand heaters are out and I have not checked it up yet.
About the clutching I'm at about 11200 rpm in the deep snow. Still over reving thou. I don't remember if it did that with the original clutch kit.
Any one with some input?

weldion said:
Got a really nice trip to the mountains yesterday. No complaining on the snow conditions. Got a code 81 on the sled while riding. The hand heaters are out and I have not checked it up yet.
About the clutching I'm at about 11200 rpm in the deep snow. Still over reving thou. I don't remember if it did that with the original clutch kit.
Any one with some input?

11,200 in the deep is absolutely perfect!

I have had the same troubles, rev limiter at take off. Adding weight to the heel of the primary arms helped. It still almost hits rev limiter at take off but its OK now. I had to add quite a bit, but we have different sleds.

Long time since I wrote something here now.
Had a great winter this season. Me and my wife moved to a house closer to the mountains, so it's easy to go sledding now. And a lot more snow to :)
Have made the summer service on the sled now with oil change and everything. Changed the spring in the primary and the helix in the secondary.
So she's good to go now :) We had snow for 3 weeks ago, so the winter is getting closer :)
Looks like my wife will ride the Phazer next season. I'm close to buying a Nytro TTX from a dealer close by.
I guess everyone wants the Viper now, so the Nytro is getting cheap now.
I will have a second look at it tomorrow.

When we bought the house I got my own garage here on the property. So it is really handy to go out there and do some work and have 20 steps back to the house. My old garage were located about 5 km from the apartment we lived in.

Now it's done. Bought the Nytro TTX today. Öhlin shocks equipped in the front and in the skid.
2013-yamaha-fxnytro-x-tx-scan-yamaha-black-studio-001[1]_large.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-24-01-02-07-1.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-24-01-02-07-1.png
    320.2 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

Back