• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vector or Rage?

Mongo 1

Lifetime Member
I am going to buy my wife a new sled this year (wish we had snow) and we can't decide which would be better for her. She doesn't have much experience, and at 5'3" with little upper body strength, I'm thinking the rage might be to difficult to steer. However I think she would like the ride of the rage on our rough New York trails. :o|

to be honest with u...a 136 requires just bout the same strength as a 121 to steer in the corners...it just doesnt turn as sharp....just bring her upto the yamaha dealer and ask her which color one she likes and get it...cuz i honestly dont think it really matters

Mongo 1 said:
I am going to buy my wife a new sled this year (wish we had snow) and we can't decide which would be better for her. She doesn't have much experience, and at 5'3" with little upper body strength, I'm thinking the rage might be to difficult to steer. However I think she would like the ride of the rage on our rough New York trails. :o|

If you can't find a place for a demo ride I am going to be at my camp in Constableville over new Years weekend and we are supposed to get snow.
You and your wife are welcome to tke my Rage for a blast. Let me know if interested and I'll PM my info to you.
Camp is right on the main corridor trail between the Quick and Easy and the Crowfoot a mile from the Smith Road parking area.

Why not look into getting a Phazer? It's about 50 pounds less.

We were originally thinking the phazer, but the early reports have been that it requires a more dirt bike like riding style. Ayn thoughts on this would also be appreciated.

well,i was concerned with this also but now i cant get off my wifes phazer.the sitting position is perfect and way comfortable,it is so easy to drive.my rx feels outdated and my next machine will be rider forward for sure,just my thought.

Sorry for hijacking your thread but holy crap Pat, when was that picture taken? Please tell me you still have good snow in Earlton. We need a place to ride.

Just bought my wife a Vector and she's itchin' to try it out.

Hey Another Phaze sry to inform you but the white stuff is all gone. The grinch that stole Christmas has now stole our snow. I just drove thru from James Bay.(Caribou hunt on my Venture) If you find a map and look for Matagami Que. there is not even enough snow up there to run. I ran in the Hudson Bay parallel way up near Labador. There they have 2 feet of beautifull incredible awesome pure white stuff.

:4STroke: :Rockon:

:rocks: :yam:

I just went through the same issue(vector or rage). Now my wife can ride with the best of them. I decided to go with a vector due to less push in the corners. I have a Warrior and know what push is all about. Plus she has never complained about the ride on her 121" SXR700.

Back