• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

vector or RX mirrors: who has installed them

vector_1

Extreme
I am considering the "touring mirror" that includes a deflector shield, although the mirrors seem a bit small. Just large enough to see if someone is behind you, not for actual determination if it is one of your buds or wife. Has any one else mounted this kit or mounted the std. mirrors?

Thanks for the reply.

I mounted the OEM mirrors that mount on the hood, in back of the headlights..............there are dimples to be found inside the hood as for where to drill..................the mirrors are ROCK solid, and won't loosen at the pivot...............when installed, they extend out from the windshield about 3", and you can really see a lot.................they are a standard size
mirror, similar to the Kimpex style, only 4 times heavier duty..........you won't have a problem seeing who's who with these.........Wally
------Phantom put them on too, and has a lot of pics of them, too.

Vector Mirrors

I'm a Newbie to the forum but I will try to share my experince....

I have installed two different style mirrors on my Vector.

The first set was the ones mounted down low, just behind the windshield. This pair was useless to me due to the fact that they did not have enough adjustment. They might be alright for a shorter person but I'm 6'2" and the mirrors would not adjust up enough for me to see anything but the ground at the back of the sled. Also they did not swing out enough to see to the sides. If your looking to see the ground right behind your sled they are fine.

The second set was the high mount like the ones that come on the Venture. I'm very happy with these. They have plenty of adjustment. The mirrors do have a spring loaded hinge at the base so you can fold them back to get the cover on the sled.

I'll try to attach some pics of the second set in my next post

High Mount Mirrors on Vector

The Plugged holes is the result from mounting the first set of mirrors. I went to Lowes and got some silver colored plastic plugs.

Mirrors

I have been waffling about the mirrors. I haven't seen a Vector or RX yet with the low mount mirrors and agree that the Venture style looks to be more functional but am a little concerned about the strength of the area where they attach. Do you think they would take much of a hit without costly damage?

They come with a "VERY" heavy duty mounting bracket that goes under the body work.. From what I can see is that they support almost all of the stress. MM. ;)!

The high mount mirrors actually mount on a sub-structure. Basically you make clearance holes in the windshield and bezel. I'll attach the image on the mirror kits.

NOTE: If you install the kit don't rely strictly on the included templates for drilling the holes.

Here are what the standard low mounts look like. I am 6'2" also but I think I will be able to see good behind me with these.
Wolfie has the touring kit on his RX1 he mat be able to post on of those here. They look nice, probably would have been OK for what I want.

Silver ghost,
Where did you get the plugs for you old locations?

Phantom,

I got the plugs at Lowes Home Improvment. In the Hardware section with the nuts and bolts there is a section that has automotive hardware in the stacks of pull out type of drawers. There was a couple of drawers that had the plastic "hardware". I found some .250" Silver press in plugs that pressed in with a little encouragement.

:rocks:

I did the venture mirrors also on my Vector. Anything else was just too low for me because I am 6' 2".
They are great and I like the fact that they are 'motorcycle like'.

Ive had the oval pod (V Max Deluxe) type mirrors in the past and the mirrors are fine but again they were too low. I dont want to have to look down like that when I am racing along a trail.

Phantom and Wally, if you switch those mirrors from right to left and vise versa, you will have a little better vision. You will have great views of your gloves and knees either way though.

Back