• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

venture lite-input PLEASE

attaknytro

Veteran
hey guys, we are looking into getting a venture lite. i have never ridden one and we don't know anyone who has one. we do have a nytro, which we love and have gotten used to. i would love some input. of the people who have these sleds, do you like them? what are advantages and disadvantages?? would you buy it over? what is the average gas mileage? any help would be greatly appreciated!! i think we are gonna pick it up on saturday so i would love to hear from you ASAP! thanks!! :4STroke: :yam:

You're gonna like it. It's a wonderful trail machine. Very comfy. Nice big windshield. I love mine. Biggest drawback is the added weight of ice it picks up in the tunnel. Easily 50 lbs. I figure 16 mpg trail and 13 if you're messing around in the soft stuff off trail. Some guys claim 18 mpg trail but they must be going slow.

Excellent trail sled. Love to ride mine.

A little tippy at times, and heavy in the powder ... gotta keep the flipper pinned at times. Engine takes a while to get to idle when starting cold.

Merry Christmas y'all.

In addition to what the others said:

- I like it after getting used to the handling and adding good skis/carbides.

- Lots of storage room is great for o'nite trips.

Hand warmers on the rear are poor (at least on the 08's).

I will never get used to the tunnel icing but with the Nytro you probably have the same issue.

And, I think it is loud for a 4 stroke.

Picked one up last year as a left over and only have 200 miles on it so far but love it for what it is. We have 4 rug rats running around the house, only two old enough to drive so we bought this for the wife to ride when the whole family goes out for the weekend. The motor is a little buzzy and has a little more vibration than my other sleds. Love the ride, nice and cushy. Even the stock ski's with six inches of carbide don't seem to bother me. It is the sled that if any of my friends go with me for the first time will ride. Very easy to drive and very predictable. Great for the kids to drive as well.
My buddy who is an aggressive rider got off my 700 SXR and rode this for the rest of the night and didn't want to go back to the sxr which used to be his favorite sled.
Disadvantages that I can find are the disposable shocks that are on it and it's got less power than I am used to. I think that if you are looking for a sled that you are going to put alot of miles on then you might want to look at the 120 hp version.
But as I said, it is perfect for what it is and what we want it for. I have a feeling it is going to stay in my possession a long time.

well we picked one up so i hope it does well with us. havent had a chance to ride it yet but im pretty sure we will love it. hopefully the '09 rear handwarmers are better...nothing worse than cold hands. that kinda sucks that its so loud but we'll get used to it. thanks for the input

After 3300km I have no issues but lots of positives. Only problems to date is ice buildup, ball joints, reverse problem. The joints and reverse taken care under warranty. Ride all day get off ready to party. Rider forward position as good as anything out there and the price has the competition beat. Now if ice would just stop forming........

CLARS2006 said:
After 3300km I have no issues but lots of positives. Only problems to date is ice buildup, ball joints, reverse problem. The joints and reverse taken care under warranty. Ride all day get off ready to party. Rider forward position as good as anything out there and the price has the competition beat. Now if ice would just stop forming........

so how did they fix your reverse? i got the new belt but no change in reverse?

tks,

OST said:

A little tippy at times, and heavy in the powder ... gotta keep the flipper pinned at times. Engine takes a while to get to idle when starting cold.

Merry Christmas y'all.
OST,
Eh, what's up? Haven't heard much from you this season; you haven't jumped ship have you?

BPY

BombaPolaYama said:
CLARS2006 said:

so how did they fix your reverse? i got the new belt but no change in reverse?

tks,

Don't know still waiting for SNOW. Anyone want to swap for a Rhino? Hope it is fixed but from what I hear it is not the cure. Fingers crossed...

You're the second person to ask about the VL so I'll just repeat what I said:

I just bought a 07 Venture Multi Purpose with 600Km last fall.

PROS: Great ride, comfortable with forward rider position that helps keep back straight, plenty of power to haul 2 adult riders, good fuel economy

CONS: Fast slider wear, loud for a 4 stroke, ice accumulation in the tunnel, finicky reverse, high center of gravity makes it tippy

When I bought mine, the slides were already worn to paper thin so I modded mine by adding and changing wheels. So far, no wear.
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=79773&highlight=
It uses half the gas my old Safaris uses even though they are lighter with smaller (377) engines. Even though the Venture has to use Premium fuel, it is still cheap to run it. There are some updates (cold weather start) and recalls (steering and airbox snow ingestion) on it so check with the dealer. The rider forward position is great, even for a 6'2" guy like me with a bad back. It forces you to keep a straight back but it does take a while to get used to it. And hauling myself (300Lbs.) and a passenger is no problem, plenty of power for a 500cc 4 stroke 2 banger. Reverse is very finicky unless the drive chain is adjusted perfectly. Because of the exhaust heat, ice tends to build up in the tunnel on cold days while riding.

All in all, with a few mods, it's a great sled. The Lite may be also good for trail breaking but probably not quite as good as the MP. It is not for carving corners but will be a comfortable trail ride.

BTW, the differences between the Multi Purpose and the Lite are:
MP has 16" wide track (Lite 15"), wider skis from the VK, a wider front bumper, a rear hitch, lower gearing. The MP did not come with the 2up seat, rear heated handles and mirrors which are standard on the Lite.

BombaPolaYama said:
OST said:

Merry Christmas y'all.

OST,
Eh, what's up? Haven't heard much from you this season; you haven't jumped ship have you?

BPY

G'day BPY,

Just layin low this year with the lack of snow and whatnot. After three years of this forum it seems a lot of the same topics get re-hashed so I am not as motivated as I once was, or should still be.

Doing a little reading over on the yellow side, but this year their offerings do not have the sled I'm lookin for, or it hasn't got the bugs worked out just yet.

My VL still running great and has never failed to get me back home.
;)!

OST said:
G'day BPY,

Just layin low this year with the lack of snow and whatnot. After three years of this forum it seems a lot of the same topics get re-hashed so I am not as motivated as I once was, or should still be.

Doing a little reading over on the yellow side, but this year their offerings do not have the sled I'm lookin for, or it hasn't got the bugs worked out just yet.

My VL still running great and has never failed to get me back home.
;)!

Yep, the lack of snow is bad - I have not had one ride yet but that has given me some time to install an exhaust extension and do a few other things to the sled; going to relocate the instrument pod, and install a mtn strap. Have you done anything to yours? There are not many VL guys on here to converse with so things are pretty quiet - some have given up on the sled I think. I'm thinking I will try and get the most use possible out of the VL, hopefully lots of Km's in her. I will replace the frontend bushings with oilites after the warranty expires. I also look in the Nytro section quite a bit because a lot of their topics are common to the VL as well.

Back