• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Not startling, at normal temps 15-20 degrees

Did you try new spark plugs?

I started it and drove it into my garage, would the plugs still be fouled?

Ok I will check them out!! Learn something new everyday!

Doesn’t look bad , had spark

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 116
cook those good with a torch before you think about putting them back in. had a set that looked like that that smoked pretty bad when i heated them with the torch.

I put new ones in, not chancing it, you think that could of been my issue?

caught me a few times.

I know I’m hammering you with questions LOL but how does it flood I don’t quite understand with an EFI motor I’ve owned a ton of four stroke motor is over the years I’ve never seen a fouled plug I can understand on a carbureted but not on an EFI.

even with a fuel injected motor, you need to let it warm all the way up before shutting it off. at minimum, it has to run until the yellow light in dash goes out. i prefer to run mine until i feel heat in both running board before i shut it down when i can. since i started doing that, i only change plugs when milage/time starts making me nervous about them. i did my 11 apex plugs around the 13000mi point as i wanted to see what they looked like and that was a ton of miles for me to put on a set of sled plugs.

Ahhh ok , I greatly appreciate the help , you guys deserve a award lol thanks again and safe riding

Don't forget to check the oil for gas. That could ruin the engine and run it rich at the same time.

I do plugs yearly. It's cheap and not too big of a hassle. They do foul, especially when not warmed up every time as mentioned above. Also, let it idle until it's fully warmed up. Giving it any throttle until warm is asking for a fouled plug.

How about pulling your injectors and check the voltage so that they are within spec, I believe you got some plugged injectors especially if your using straight unleaded 87. The Yamaha injectors have micro filters in them and will eventually plug up and cause a problem like you have. Get yourself a couple of cans of seafoam and add to your fuel tank. Remove some fuel from your tank first so you get a much stronger blend of seafoam and gas. You can run up to 50/50 blend premium and seafoam. Take your sled outside and run the engine at idle for 10 to 15 minutes. Take back in garage and let it hot soak for another 15 to 30 minutes. Take your sled out and drive it for 30 minutes working the engine good. You can try this before taking out the injectors, this works for me

I rode it yesterday put 15 miles on with sea foam in it and new spark plugs, new gas, it ran beautifully. Went out this morning it’s 0° Out and it just kept rolling over. Same issues nothing fixed , fuel pump still cycling like normal.............

Back