• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper creeping ahead at idel

bot

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 viper long track
The wife's 2014 viper..I was playing around with 2weeks ago, in heated garage getting the hang of how to changing the belt,.... Same belt went back on it 1000km on it....now when it sits at idel it wants to creep ahead like it's driving itself lol,,it ran mint before, I was pushing on the helix 2 weeks ago...now it wants to creep ahead all the time...any thoughts? the yams dealer said gonna have to shim the secondary ,.but I find that hard to bealeave cause it was working good before I pushed the helix in doing the belt things ..thanks

Have you ran it outside since the belt reinstall? You have to run the sled through a range of RPM's under a load to properly set the belt deflection. If that doesn't do it then you will have to remove shims behind the three bolts on the back of the secondary clutch. Yamaha sells 1 mm and .5 mm shims so you can remove 1/2 mm for adjustment.

Also check the clutch springs to make sure one of them didn't brake.

When you put a new belt on or mess with the belt did you pull it backwards toward the secondary to bring it up all the way sounds like that’s your problem

Shea put 1000km on ot since tuesday
.. and runs good..just wants to creep ahead when started at a gas station or parking lot.where theres not much snow to slow it down... did it on a groomed trail aswell...i ll check the springs tonite when i get back from doing the bon echo loop.. but everything seems fine... the top of belt is dead flush with top of secondary
.same as my 15 viper...everythimg seems to be the same as mine...just hers creeps ahead

Shea put 1000km on ot since tuesday
.. and runs good..just wants to creep ahead when started at a gas station or parking lot.where theres not much snow to slow it down... did it on a groomed trail aswell...i ll check the springs tonite when i get back from doing the bon echo loop.. but everything seems fine... the top of belt is dead flush with top of secondary
.same as my 15 viper...everythimg seems to be the same as mine...just hers creeps ahead

Check your primary clutch, if the belt is flush in the secondary then it's not too tight. Look for a broken primary spring first.

Got home today from lastweeks trip...get the clutchs on her viper...primary spring is broken.. amazed she rode 1000km last week with it broken... never in my life have a had a sled break a primary spring... never even thought to look the springs over...

Think that would cause any damage ..her riding it like that for 1000km... and was running fine.. other then creeping ahead
..deff a broke spring tho

Got home today from lastweeks trip...get the clutchs on her viper...primary spring is broken.. amazed she rode 1000km last week with it broken... never in my life have a had a sled break a primary spring... never even thought to look the springs over...
Yea was a bad batch of them 14-early 15. Lots of broken ones. Dont hear about it much anymore.

Tore it apart..it looks alrite...i ll get new spring tomoro..

20180211_154843.jpg
20180211_154843.jpg20180211_154849.jpg

I'd order Schmidt bros comfort clutch kit for it. It comes with the primary spring and smaller rollers for lower engagement. She'll like the lower engagement and it shouldn't brake a spring again.

I ll look into that grizz..but need a fix by friday as we re on another 9 days off after friday

Back