• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper Ltx Se clutch help/opinions

I loaned cannondale my magnaforce weights to try out and he ended up buying them from me, they're a fairly aggressive profile, but fully, and very easily adjustable so you can set them up for exactly what u want
What helix were you running with them? I got a 43, 45/41 and a 46/40. Im running the 45/41 with my next attempt.

50/46 dalton helix both last year and now this year as well with turbo, sled was very easy to cruise or just creep around but hammer on it and it just launches! I know there's a lot of talk about lower angled helix's need to be used for more top speed but with that clutch kit I posted as good of top speeds as any I seen both last year and this year as well. 104 mph top speed in 1/4 mile last year, 250 pound rider and bone stock sled other than clutch kit, oh an I had 160 studs in as well

I am running Ulmer's Clutch kit and I noticed over the weekend I have a lot of paint scraped away from 2 - 3 coils on the outside on my Primary OPO spring. Is this normal to have?

Is there any way u can post up a pic of where it's coming off?
I knew I should have taken a picture when I saw it over the weekend. Now I'm back home 3 hrs 15 minutes away from my cottage. Damn! If my memory serves me correct, it was the outside of the coils closest to the sheaves. There was quite a bit of paint scraped away. I'll have to take a picture in at the end of the month, next time I go up.

Not a picture from my primary, but this was the area of a couple of coils that the paint was rubbed off.
primary copy.jpg

Ok, thanks. I wasn't sure if that is something to be concerned about or not....so thank you.

That's what I thought that it's just rubbing on the clutches. Just didn't know if it's affecting any performance or not in doing so.

Okay guys, just going threw the secondary and checking everything, have to wait till tomorrow for the new spring... Measured bushings in secondary sheave and helix and compared to diameter of shaft, basically has 0.07mm difference, or 0.035mm per side of bushing... That seems acceptable to me??

Also shimming for the 8dn belt approx how many washers do you need?

And final question, am I better running the white secondary spring and 6-1 wrap or the pink spring at 6-1 wrap?

Thanks again!

Not sure how the white spring compares but I've been running the pink spring at 6-1 lately and rpm are spot on and I can grab right ahold of the clutches after shutting the sled down, no excessive heat at all, and that was with the 8jp belt (which actually blew to pieces) so the 8dn should be the same or better.

I have run a purple epi spring, the white Yamaha spring and the pink Yamaha spring. Every time I go back to the pink Yamaha wrapped at 6-1. Always better acceleration and top end. I should take a picture of helix and springs I have tested with the 5000 miles I have on the viper. lol

Didn't mind the 8jp with turbo but doesn't hold up like the 8dn

Back