• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper Trouble Free

1300 miles no issues at all except for the one I caused lol. No sputtering or nothing really improved the last two rides once you hit 1000 miles they come to life a bit.

5600 Kms no problems, the most fun I ever had on a sled. Wish I can ride it everyday.

Good to see there are people not having trouble. I'm getting a Spring Order 2016 S tx Dx and was getting worried .

just finished a 900 mile trip in 3 days. 2430 miles and zero trouble. most fun sled i have ever owned.

:4STroke:

2014 ltx SE. 9000 km. gas and go. Best sled and most fun I have owed. I just bought a 2016 Polaris Axys SB. 800. I replaced my 2011 polaris Turbo 750. I would have bought a factory turbo yamaha but that didn't happen. 2018 I await.

Only 350 miles on my 2015 here but all trouble free . Hoping my seasons not over so I can rack up more . Loving the sled so far , coming off an Apex and no regrets .

14 LTX SE 6500 miles no major issues. Just the reflash thing, muffler broke and left hand warmer but all replaced under warranty. This sled is awesome on and off trail. Handles great in the powder. I took my sway bar links off and find it handles way better to my liking at least.

13/14 season 3300 miles no issues
14/15 season 1600 miles so far, bearing fail in chaincase cost me some riding time
best Yamaha sled I've owned by far, So.......
15/16 season spring order L-TX LE w/turbo

2014 LTX DX, 5600km in 2 seasons, a couple hot start issues last year, all fixed since the reflash... but reality, it was just a minor annoyance (or embarrassment when next to your buddies).
Everything is stock on my sled. I'll run it for another season or two and then see what Yamaha has up their sleeve. If nothing spectacular comes out then another Viper for me.
I previously had an '07 Phazer and it was at the dealership frequently, the Viper has only been back once for the reflash and fuel line recall check (which mine was ok).

We have about 1000 miles now on each sled with MPI Turbo. 90% of that milage is backcountry off trail riding. I don't baby it at all, its rode hard. To date the only issues were a missing clutch panel screw , bumper has paint chipping off, all my fault.

awesome sleds!!

Back