• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Walbro gss342

That kit runs a lot of fuel pressure considering stock is 43.
Yup. It's their way of not having to force one to buy bigger injectors (adding substantial $$ to kit price). If that tune used stock fuel pressure, I'm sure their kit would have to include bigger injectors. This tune is a multimap so they had to re-calibrate all the other lower HP tunes for the 58 psi 4-bar too, even though if you buy the next lower multimap (PEFI Stage 3R) they are all 3-bar maps. Only when you go to Stage 4 does it change to 4-bar. They have a Stage 5 too that does have bigger injectors. Not sure if it's 3-bar or 4-bar. Hard to believe these are pump gas tunes?!! They'd have to show me.
  • 18 PSI = 300 HP on pump gas
  • 20 PSI = 325 HP on pump gas
  • 22 PSI = 350 HP on pump gas

The whole conversation has me wondering....
1) I'm curious to know the duty cycle on these injectors at a given rate (horsepower). they do have a rating, I never hear anybody speak of it.
2) at some point the pressure against the pindle causes the injector to lock up. Does anyone know what that is?

Everything in this universe is made to fail...

I completely agree. And, I think allot know PEFI hardware is best in industry.
I have allot of PEFI hardware. All of it is just absolute jewelry.
Most know it is also high end expensive but we all know we get what we pay for.
The only thing I changed on PEFI fuel pump upgrade is the pickup strainer.
I didn't reuse stock pickup strainer as I thought it might be restrictive with bigger pump. I changed to a bigger, better fitting aftermarket strainer that fits the new larger pump better and allows better inflow to pump.

I completely agree. And, I think allot know PEFI hardware is best in industry.
I have allot of PEFI hardware. All of it is just absolute jewelry.
Most know it is also high end expensive but we all know we get what we pay for.
The only thing I changed on PEFI fuel pump upgrade is the pickup strainer.
I didn't reuse stock pickup strainer as I thought it might be restrictive with bigger pump. I changed to a bigger, better fitting aftermarket strainer that fits the new larger pump better and allows better inflow to pump.
I see PEFI is having a 20% off Black Friday sale right now

Yup. It's their way of not having to force one to buy bigger injectors (adding substantial $$ to kit price). If that tune used stock fuel pressure, I'm sure their kit would have to include bigger injectors. This tune is a multimap so they had to re-calibrate all the other lower HP tunes for the 58 psi 4-bar too, even though if you buy the next lower multimap (PEFI Stage 3R) they are all 3-bar maps. Only when you go to Stage 4 does it change to 4-bar. They have a Stage 5 too that does have bigger injectors. Not sure if it's 3-bar or 4-bar. Hard to believe these are pump gas tunes?!! They'd have to show me.
  • 18 PSI = 300 HP on pump gas
  • 20 PSI = 325 HP on pump gas
  • 22 PSI = 350 HP on pump gas
22 psi at 350 hp on pump gas ? Would love to to see that on an independent dyno.

After seeing the hoops you guys jump through the hoops I think I will just stay between 240 and 270 on pump gas. I've cleaned the I hectors, plumbed a return line to basket, and the pump relay hooked to the battery to keep everything alive.

After seeing the hoops you guys jump through the hoops I think I will just stay between 240 and 270 on pump gas. I've cleaned the I hectors, plumbed a return line to basket, and the pump relay hooked to the battery to keep everything alive.
Yeah, I'm getting ready to throw up. Lol. Guys are definitely going off the deep end.

Wow PEFI runs big fuel pressure, I run 47 PSI key on with stock injectors at 22-23 lbs of boost and my closed loop pulls fuel most of the time.

Yeah, I'm getting ready to throw up. Lol. Guys are definitely going off the deep end.
Don't get me wrong there is a lot of intelligence and strategies for keeping the motor alive. But I wonder how close to the sun people are flying. I tend to be conservative with whatever I build.

Precision stage 5 is a turbo upgrade so thats why they are at 350hp at 22 psi. I agree with turboflash on the quality of their hardware........you dont even want to install any of it because its so nice lol, great quality and perfect fitment. You are getting what you pay for, pay once and cry once.

Don't get me wrong there is a lot of intelligence and strategies for keeping the motor alive. But I wonder how close to the sun people are flying. I tend to be conservative with whatever I build.
Hahaha....I'm with ya.They aren't pushing the boundaries of the motor. They're pushing the boundaries of what's necessary.
Like you, I like to stay within a level that can be justified. Which I call pump gas friendly. I don't even like adding boostane.
With dragy, I'll do some back to back between sm & pm tunes, clutch accordingly and see for myself.
If the PM tunes can't achieve a desired result over sm tunes, what's the point?

Precision stage 5 is a turbo upgrade so thats why they are at 350hp at 22 psi. I agree with turboflash on the quality of their hardware........you dont even want to install any of it because its so nice lol, great quality and perfect fitment. You are getting what you pay for, pay once and cry once.
That makes more sense with a bigger turbo, I ran the turbo technics turbo and ran all day long at 350 on pump gas

Back