• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Walbro gss342

That makes more sense with a bigger turbo, I ran the turbo technics turbo and ran all day long at 350 on pump gas
With that kinda power aren’t you getting into upgrading engine internals ? At least head studs?

Yup. It's their way of not having to force one to buy bigger injectors (adding substantial $$ to kit price). If that tune used stock fuel pressure, I'm sure their kit would have to include bigger injectors. This tune is a multimap so they had to re-calibrate all the other lower HP tunes for the 58 psi 4-bar too, even though if you buy the next lower multimap (PEFI Stage 3R) they are all 3-bar maps. Only when you go to Stage 4 does it change to 4-bar. They have a Stage 5 too that does have bigger injectors. Not sure if it's 3-bar or 4-bar. Hard to believe these are pump gas tunes?!! They'd have to show me.
  • 18 PSI = 300 HP on pump gas
  • 20 PSI = 325 HP on pump gas
  • 22 PSI = 350 HP on pump gas
I would love to see the 20 & 22 psi proven with our great 91 in N WI....I think I smell bull----

I would love to see the 20 & 22 psi proven with our great 91 in N WI....I think I smell bull----
You can run less psi and a larger turbo and get more horsepower. This would still be on pump gas.

But nothing in life is free.

With that kinda power aren’t you getting into upgrading engine internals ? At least head studs?
Head studs and a good head gasket would do it. If u surpass 350 probably a good idea to start looking internal upgrades

You can run less psi and a larger turbo and get more horsepower. This would still be on pump gas.

But nothing in life is free.
I understand the increase in performance from a larger turbo & supporting hardware, but I don't believe they can run that amount of boost on pump with stock components. Would love to see some logs on those...lol

Wow PEFI runs big fuel pressure, I run 47 PSI key on with stock injectors at 22-23 lbs of boost and my closed loop pulls fuel most of the time.
Yeah, I'm not privy to what Sebastien Guay has going on with this. He's very hard to get info out of. All I know is he teaches (or has taught) digital fuel injection at some university/college for years.

PEFI Stage 5

Attachments

• 20180909_132520.jpg
    20180909_132520.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 65
Interesting tidbit i picked up on straight from the WalBros site......View attachment 174205
Yes you really have to watch where you buy those pumps from. Ebay and amazon and other places are full of the clones. There is a way to decipher them but I cant for the life of me remember where I saw the differences to look for.

Even the highly regulated Aviation industry has to deal with knock off counterfeit parts. In most cases its impossible to tell until the item fails prematurely or under load.
Unless you are buying the pump directly from Walbro the item could be suspect.

Last edited:
Fatchance, a daunting task to be sure. I found this number on Amazon and then read reviews. Most reviews are positive and claims of it being the real deal. But you know how it goes, always one in the bunch, complaining about this or that.
Side note: I've been researching this for a week or so, even Mike at TD gave it his blessings. (Not source, pump) This pump can go in and run pump gas with great success. New relay harness & return to slipper as well.
Goal: Max20
Screenshot_20231124-123208_copy_360x584.png

Yes you really have to watch where you buy those pumps from. Ebay and amazon and other places are full of the clones. There is a way to decipher them but I cant for the life of me remember where I saw the differences to look for.
Some differences are internal (metal vs composite gears, quality and makeup of armature), case thickness, lack of, or erratic marking on outside of case, or no marking on outside of case, etc.
Here's one YouTube site that has some info

Walbro Fuel Pump Comparison - Real vs Fake​

).

Nice find. Based on video, genuine vs knock off should be easily identifiable. I better start ordering them early. Good thing Amazon has a very simple return policy.
Video is spot on. They have kits for $20. Includes everything.
Thanks, turboflash

Back