• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Warning ride light from Rock

Mounted mine to the handlebars with a homemade bracket. It's up higher towards my chest and my buddy's say they can clearly see it at a distance in the day time.

If I get in the bush deep enough to rip it off, then I'll have bigger problems.

Pic is with my HID's on high beam.

It plugs directly into the factory heated visor plug on the handlebars with an RCA pin that I soldered on.

20180114_095632.jpg

Last edited:

Mounted mine to the handlebars with a homemade bracket. It's up higher towards my chest and my buddy's say they can clearly see it at a distance in the day time.

If I get in the bush deep enough to rip it off, then I'll have bigger problems.

Pic is with my HID's on high beam.

It plugs directly into my heated visor plug with an RCA pin that I soldered on.

View attachment 137690
Heck ya that works! Nice

that looks like a really good spot. it would mount fairly easy off of one of my handgaurd mounts.

Heck ya that works! Nice
that looks like a really good spot. it would mount fairly easy off of one of my handgaurd mounts.

Cannondale-
I'm in the same boat; I don't hand signal anymore. I always try to slow down when I meet other sleds, but more times than not, the other guy keeps it pinned. I feel it's safer to just keep my paws on the bars.

I'm not sure that Ride Lites will ever be universally accepted/used, but I think it's important for the general snowmo-community at least know what they are.

Maim-
I don't have handguards, but the mounts for them should work great! Post pics if you would?

For mine, I split an old 7/8" Polaris handlebar clamp with a bandsaw and used the halves as a base for fastening the light. The light pictured is my older Ride Lite, but would work for Rock's as well.

20180210_085047.jpg
20180210_085320.jpg
20180210_085144.jpg

Last edited:
I purchased some lights from Rock also and have been following this thread for ideas on doing the install and placement of them. I came across this as an option to use, but I'm a bit nervous about making a permanent hole in the plastic. What do you guys think?

s-l500.jpg

I purchased some lights from Rock also and have been following this thread for ideas on doing the install and placement of them. I came across this as an option to use, but I'm a bit nervous about making a permanent hole in the plastic. What do you guys think?

s-l500.jpg
Where do you plan on mounting Rock's light?

Could you fasten the RCA jack to the handle bars?

The trouble with the handle bars is every time you turn the wire pulls..also lot's of slack around.. I just run the wire in between the panels.. from the left side panel to the wiring coming from the poweroutlet/cigar lighter on the machine. I only have about 6 in of wire showing.. and on coming machines can see it well.

i will post up once i get one to mount up!

on my apex and brothers venture i plan on using the stock heated sheild rca connection on the bars to power the light as they both have rocks power supply on them. on the war it will go to rocks power supply under the bar pad.

s-l500.jpg

I used that type of connector on a previous sled and the rca wires would come off of it very easily. I would use something like this.
https://www.kimpex.com/en-ca/produc...ts/wires/kimpex-universal-single-dc-connector

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I made an angle bracket that mounts on the side panel through the three holes with plastic 'dart' plugs on the Vector. The light then mounts to a flat plate that attaches to the angle bracket with a single bolt so that it can swing clear if hit by a branch. I have hard wired a cable that is routed through the third hole in the panel to power the light. I will add pictures tomorrow.

Great lights for the price.. Wish he had them long time ago.. Takes a Snowmobiler to make a great product for a snowmobiler. Rock uses good connection system,wires and support.

I have used home built versions of these since 2007, but decided to buy Rock's version because they are so well designed and built.

As promised, here are some pics of my install.

The bracket and the mounting plate are made of 1/4 inch Lexan.
DSCN0683.JPG

DSCN0682.JPG

DSCN0680.JPG

DSCN0679.JPG

DSCN0676.JPG

Back