• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

wet sand

yamahahaha said:
i may wet sand my tunnel. i pollish it every week in the winter. if i were to wet sand it then polish it, would it make it shinier??

Yes it will! It's a crap load of work though, but it can remove scratches, scuffs, etc. I usually start out with 400 grit then work my way up to 2000 grit. Then polish from there.
I did it to my Viper and wasn't to bad to keep up once I got it shinny.
I keep telling myself "do not" start on the XTX, because once I start the process, I have to finish it. :drink:

Im looking to polish my tunnel by wet sanding. But im afriad of the outcome, is it going to work, and make hair line scratches everywhere? Any suggestions

Just did mine.... it came out really well

My sled had 500Kms on it, I started with 1000 and then did 2000, then polished it 3 times.

IMG_2621.jpg

IMG_2622.jpg

IMG_2623.jpg

IMG_2625.jpg

IMG_2627.jpg

:bling

NICE!!!!!

I polished mine last year ,with the mothers mini ball. It turned out good ,but nothing compared to those Pics! Nice job.

YamahaFreak said:
Im looking to polish my tunnel by wet sanding. But im afriad of the outcome, is it going to work, and make hair line scratches everywhere? Any suggestions

As you work your way to the finer sand paper, it removes the previous sand scratches.

TVBrian, That looks great!

I found an aluminum polishing kit at Harbor Freight Tolls for about 25 bicks that has a variety of buffing wheels and 3 differnt kind of compound, I was actually ver impressed with it, and it worked great on mine. I just used a cordless drill and a small air grinder and it was pretty easy.

I just started on mine i started with 600 then 1000,1500,2000 and polished it but still have a lot of fine scratches and kind of cloudy, do i need to wet sand more or get a better polish

TVBrian said:
Just did mine.... it came out really well

My sled had 500Kms on it, I started with 1000 and then did 2000, then polished it 3 times.

that looks amazing! I practiced it under the seat area, and it didnt turn out nearly as good as yours. I started with 1000grit then moved to 1500 gritt and it looked all scratched up still

shanesz28 said:
I just started on mine i started with 600 then 1000,1500,2000 and polished it but still have a lot of fine scratches and kind of cloudy, do i need to wet sand more or get a better polish

Are you noticing the fine scratches under florescent lighting? If so push it outside and see if you notice them....I find Florescents show every flaw..which can be a good thing or a bad thing. The cloudiness will go away with polishing..a better polish helps..what are you using for polish?

When I get the graphics on I'll post some...but not until then...sorry Flitzy, you're gonna have to have patience

I polished my Apex tunnel over the summer, and some of the rivets are starting to rust, I will probably change them next year. Just something to consider. I think they got overly sanded because they are higher than the tunnel.

Mark

It took me an hour

California Customs!!!

Attachments

• back (Medium).JPG
    back (Medium).JPG
    32 KB · Views: 61
  • side1 (Medium).JPG
    side1 (Medium).JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 61
  • side2 (Medium).JPG
    side2 (Medium).JPG