• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What BRUCE had to say about the 13mm swaybar!

I have a Vector and I tried a 13mm and a 12mm bar. In my opinion they are to stiff for running rough trails. For smooth, flat trails they work great. But chatter bumps to lager bumps it upsets the sled. Stock bar and set up will be faster than a larger bar. Just my 2 cents. ;)!

welterracer said:
Rotax i know this is your first Yami fourstroke..

I had 2 rx warriors and now i have a GT.. I tried several things to make my warrior handle the way my Viper did back in 02... Nothing on the planet made as much difference as the swaybar..

A swaybar is a device that connects the both sides of the front suspension together.. If both shocks are compressed at the same time the sway bar does nothing.. If one shock is compressed before the other.. it forces the other one up or compressed, Keeping the sled flat.. Eliminating roll in the corners!

The apex rides better in stock form than the warrior did with just skis! it is setup better due to the usage of VECTOR front A-arms that used repositioned lower shock mounts to change the sleds center of gravity!

But like the RX.. it still suffers from some ski lift!

I got a 13mm to try.. For testing purposes.... i really think a 12mm bar would be better , expecially for the rough trails.. but i got the 13mm very cheap and if i dont use it i can send it back to the guy who sold it to me!

Im doing this test for for everyone on this sites bennifit to find what works..

Last year i was the first on the site to use the 13mm swaybar and LOTS of people tried it after i did and LOVED IT!! (but i think the 12mm will be better for the apex)

Wow.. that was alot to type.. LOL ;)!

Brian

You guys are never going to get the Apex to handle like an srx or other trailing arm sled, youre sitting better than a foot higher off the ground. A sway bar may help some but its not going to change the fact that youre sitting where you are. The body roll IMO is typical of a rider FWD sled with some decent front shock stroke, Im sure you guys coming off REV's know what I mean. Rider forward sleds require diferent rider input than sleds of thre past, I ride my Apex just like Id ride my rev and I feel right at home. Ski doo finally slammed the nose to the ground for 06 to get the REV to handle better but IMO it ruined the bump capability.

TT670 said:
welterracer said:
Rotax i know this is your first Yami fourstroke..

I had 2 rx warriors and now i have a GT.. I tried several things to make my warrior handle the way my Viper did back in 02... Nothing on the planet made as much difference as the swaybar..

A swaybar is a device that connects the both sides of the front suspension together.. If both shocks are compressed at the same time the sway bar does nothing.. If one shock is compressed before the other.. it forces the other one up or compressed, Keeping the sled flat.. Eliminating roll in the corners!

The apex rides better in stock form than the warrior did with just skis! it is setup better due to the usage of VECTOR front A-arms that used repositioned lower shock mounts to change the sleds center of gravity!

But like the RX.. it still suffers from some ski lift!

I got a 13mm to try.. For testing purposes.... i really think a 12mm bar would be better , expecially for the rough trails.. but i got the 13mm very cheap and if i dont use it i can send it back to the guy who sold it to me!

Im doing this test for for everyone on this sites bennifit to find what works..

Last year i was the first on the site to use the 13mm swaybar and LOTS of people tried it after i did and LOVED IT!! (but i think the 12mm will be better for the apex)

Wow.. that was alot to type.. LOL ;)!

Brian

You guys are never going to get the Apex to handle like an srx or other trailing arm sled, youre sitting better than a foot higher off the ground. A sway bar may help some but its not going to change the fact that youre sitting where you are. The body roll IMO is typical of a rider FWD sled with some decent front shock stroke, Im sure you guys coming off REV's know what I mean. Rider forward sleds require diferent rider input than sleds of thre past, I ride my Apex just like Id ride my rev and I feel right at home. Ski doo finally slammed the nose to the ground for 06 to get the REV to handle better but IMO it ruined the bump capability.

I totally dissagree with you on this one...

A apex handles way better than a srx.. becuase it has a real suspenson that works... Ya on the very hard packed groomed trail the srx will shine.. but how often do you see a nice trail witout any Mougals or bumps.. as soon as you throw a bunch of them in, its all over for the srx.

I switched sleds with my buddy chad (02 sx viper) and i lead.. i thought for sure i would loose him in the twistys...

after about 5 hard turns where i pushed the viper to its limits i looked back and he was right behind me!

Needless to say he said he couldnt believe how effortlessly the apex keept up with his viper...

CHAD IS BUYING A NEW 4 STROKE THIS YEAR OR THE NEXT FOR SURE!!

Got a 1000km with my 13mm swaybar... a RS Venture.
For this machine it is a top improuvment considering its weight and that the passenger is sitting relatively high.

After my carbide set, this is the second best addition i made... recommended..

jminor1 said:
Has anyone got feedback from a 12mm swaybar on an 05 RX1?

Mr. sled had a 13mm on his 05'... Its a huge difference in handling.. but does make it rougher in the chop!(not too much)

a 12mm is a good IN B TWEEN swaybar..

Back