• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What Did You Do To Your Sled Today???

09nytro said:
Making a list for some parts that need tobe replaced (bushing ect.)

Hyfax,tie rod ends ect ect. Does anybody know who makes yamaha spec tie rod ends with no slop in them? Brand new ones from Yamaha are junk IMHO.

newfie09xtx said:
Let us know how you like the kit.

I'm sure a lot has been said about the Schmidt Bros clutch kit, but here is my view: The kit REALLY improves the Nytro's clutching, and the up- and down shifts are MUCH MUCH smoother now. It almost feels like an automatic gear box on a car. The take off is so smooth you barely notice, it just start rolling smoothly when you gently press the trottle. I actually tipped over while backing up before I installed the kit later the same day, because with the stock clutching it's hard to control the low speed. And the only thing you notice when it shifts either up or down is the change in rpm (by the sound).

I haven't drag raced my sled against anyone, neither before nor after I installed the kit, but the low end is much smoother, the mid end is stronger and trottle response seams to be quicker. No idea about top end because I rarely go there. Riding two-up and often with a sleigh, I can't go above 80 - 100 kph / 50 - 60 mph. That said, the trottle response on the Nytro is also much better then on my old carbed Vector.

I'm very happy with the kit and glad I upgraded ;)!

Relocated Tailight to the rear while BBQing ( as much as I like BBQing that means spring is here) :o|

birkebeiner said:
newfie09xtx said:
Let us know how you like the kit.

I'm sure a lot has been said about the Schmidt Bros clutch kit, but here is my view: The kit REALLY improves the Nytro's clutching, and the up- and down shifts are MUCH MUCH smoother now. It almost feels like an automatic gear box on a car. The take off is so smooth you barely notice, it just start rolling smoothly when you gently press the trottle. I actually tipped over while backing up before I installed the kit later the same day, because with the stock clutching it's hard to control the low speed. And the only thing you notice when it shifts either up or down is the change in rpm (by the sound).

I haven't drag raced my sled against anyone, neither before nor after I installed the kit, but the low end is much smoother, the mid end is stronger and trottle response seams to be quicker. No idea about top end because I rarely go there. Riding two-up and often with a sleigh, I can't go above 80 - 100 kph / 50 - 60 mph. That said, the trottle response on the Nytro is also much better then on my old carbed Vector.

I'm very happy with the kit and glad I upgraded ;)!

Thanks for the update. Looking into getting that kit sometime this summer. I agree the stock setup is horrible for reverse and slow speeds.

newfie09xtx said:
Relocated Tailight to the rear while BBQing ( as much as I like BBQing that means spring is here) :o|
How are the riding conditions over your way now? For example, is there still plenty of snow going into the Lewis Hills, etc?
thanks,

birkebeiner said:
Talking of Doos...

A Doo 800 V-twin 4-stroke being towed away as it didn't start. I don't know what the reason was but it made my day ;)!
Too bad for you that it took someone else's misfortune to make your day! ;):D

:o|[/quote]
How are the riding conditions over your way now? For example, is there still plenty of snow going into the Lewis Hills, etc?
thanks,[/quote]

No snow left not worth the trip.
Camp 38 trail its done :tg:

lewishillsap102012029.jpg

bottlerocket said:
09nytro said:
Making a list for some parts that need tobe replaced (bushing ect.)

Hyfax,tie rod ends ect ect. Does anybody know who makes yamaha spec tie rod ends with no slop in them? Brand new ones from Yamaha are junk IMHO.

There was a member on here, (Blowjett I believe?) who said they/him were thinking about making some up then mass producing them if they worked?

I was interested when I had my sled all ripped apart and PM'd him to see how things were coming? Sled went back together with my stockers was the answer.

151tf said:
thanks,[/quote]

No snow left not worth the trip.
Camp 38 trail its done :tg:

[/quote]
Not sure if you're serious or kidding me - I'm surprised that the trails are gone because we can still ride here (Green Bay) - is that a recent pic of Camp 38 trail?
That is one of my favourite trails on the West coast if you're lucky enough not to meet a moose. :flag:

[

[/quote]
Not sure if you're serious or kidding me - I'm surprised that the trails are gone because we can still ride here (Green Bay) - is that a recent pic of Camp 38 trail?
That is one of my favourite trails on the West coast if you're lucky enough not to meet a moose. :flag:[/quote]

Lots of snow left yet these were from yesterday.
I'll post more pics in the correct forum.

Added a fourth wheel to the rear of skid. I put new outside boogies on so I cut down the spacer and used one of the old boogies for the inner wheel.

i looked at them and cried cause i want to ride them rather then pull them apart for fresh paint.

Mine is still at the dealership for warranty work on handwarmers must not be to interested in getting it in to be worked on its been there for 4 weeks. I have stopped by twice to check on it but still haven't looked at it. Told them I needed it by May 12th for the grass drags in town. That why I work on them myself. Just thought I would collect on some of my YES warranty.

Back