• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What Did You Do To Your Sled Today???

Fixed my nut iusses on the rear axle.

Attachments

• 2012-03-11 15.20.50-1.jpg
    2012-03-11 15.20.50-1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 113
Super Sled said:
I had shoulder surgery two weeks ago. All I can do is look at the sleds and be depressed I can't work on them. I can't do anything really for another two to four weeks. :-(

I know how you feel. I had shoulder surgery 3 weeks ago. The down time sucks. I gotta figure out how to get the mower deck out and on the trator so I can mow.

Added a second axle to the trailer. Now I have to order 24 feet of aluminum tubing to replace the stringers in the way of the tires. I was hoping to get
through without having to flip this thing over but I don't think my overhead aluminum skills are up to the
task from underneath.

sled

What I done was go out and take the garbage, wrappers and empty Gatoraid bottle out of my saddle bags...Clean out nose bag...remove GPS, and add some Seafoam...

Got back from a 3 day sledding trip in Buchan's Newfoundland 514kms in total... ..29 sleds this trip...Lost 4 REVS..Two revs popped engines..One delaminated stuff and another had a antifreeze pissing contest...

Team Yamaha ran strong!!!!!

Attachments

• 29 sleds.jpg
    29 sleds.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 122
Talking of Doos...

[video width=600 height=400]http://www.moeng.com/images/forums/easter2012_ski-doo-slep.MOV[/video]

A Doo 800 V-twin 4-stroke being towed away as it didn't start. I don't know what the reason was but it made my day ;)!

Super Sled said:
I had shoulder surgery two weeks ago. All I can do is look at the sleds and be depressed I can't work on them. I can't do anything really for another two to four weeks. :-(
sounds like my summer last year. i polished my tunnel with one arm for 2 weeks lol..... Hope the healing goes well

sounds like my summer last year. i polished my tunnel with one arm for 2 weeks lol..... Hope the healing goes well[/quote]

Thx guys! I've tried to work on stuff with one arm but two things happen: I create more work for later by screwing things up and/or I inadvertently use the injured arm and pay for it later. That and I really want it to heal right and not screw it up. :Rockon:

Super Sled I know the pain you are in. I ripped mine a
few years back and had my right arm pinned to my side for a year and a half. Hurt like crazy if I made any fast moves like reaching for something tipping over. Just a natural reaction you can't avoid. The Lord
healed me at church one night, wish it would have happened sooner though. lol

Bought all the stuff for an oil change, and chaincase change last weekend. I also picked up some stuff for cleaning up the tunnel and protecting it witj a sealer. Hopefully the tunnel stays somewhat shiny this time.

Im doing a lake effect riser this summer as well, i saw one in person and it is really a nice piece and looks very well done. Possibly some hid's this year too.

Installed the updated front arm kit, 4 new excell x idlers, 2 new larger sly dog rear wheels, new fox zero pro rear shock and new front KYB shock and one rail. How much spring tension should I run on the KYB front shock it was loose when I got it and I just snugged it up. My axle on the idlers was bent but the link and arm looked good. See how it all works next year. Hopefully wheels help with hyfax wear because its was awfull before.

Back