• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What helmet do you use?

Ok, next question for the BRP Modular owners. Does the sizing seem to be consistent between the first and second generation helmets? I have the opportunity to use a Gen. 1 this weekend. If I decide I like it, and want to purchase a new one, assuming the one I borrow fits well, could I expect the same size in the Gen. 2 to fit about the same? It may seem like an odd question, but there seems to be quite a bit of overlap between manufactures and even models within the same manufacture as far as size goes.

Thanks again for all the input.

thegrizzly1 said:
Ok, next question for the BRP Modular owners. Does the sizing seem to be consistent between the first and second generation helmets? I have the opportunity to use a Gen. 1 this weekend. If I decide I like it, and want to purchase a new one, assuming the one I borrow fits well, could I expect the same size in the Gen. 2 to fit about the same? It may seem like an odd question, but there seems to be quite a bit of overlap between manufactures and even models within the same manufacture as far as size goes.

Thanks again for all the input.

MY BV2S is XL and I used to wear XXL in HJC, if that helps any.

BV2S is the BEST ever IMHO!!!! I used it last weekend in the UP and it was a life saver, a good friend crashed his Viper and I rode it for him from South Range to Kenton with NO windshield! (-20 degrees)

I used to wear a XL Sno-force but with the BV2S I wear a Large.

One other life saver in cold weather is the Webfoots Bodysock III by Carol Davis! It is a one piece Polertec suit with a zip out A** Flap and it is amazing!

https://www.cdsportswear.com/wf_style3.htm

Cobalt
:-o

I have both a ski doo modular (original) and a HJC CLX5 burn with smith googles. I normally wear the DOO modular though because I has way better side vision and it's alot warmer and the flip down sunscreen is a bonus..No fogging issues with either. The Sno Cross helmet only comes out when it's warm out.

Had a ski doo modular for 4 years then bot a bvs this year .There is no comparison the bvs is by far a better helmet .Much warmer it does not pinch your cheeks like the modular did The mask that goes over your mouth with the moduar was very poorly made had to be careful undoing it so the rivets didnt break
bvs all the way

My BV2S is two years old, and it fogs. How do I know if it has the updates. When you stop for a break and take your helmet off (like go in for a lunch), do you guys change the absorbent pad? I don't and that's when it foggs, when I go back out to ride again. It's like everything freezes up? Am I supposed to change it to to avoid freeze up or fogging at stops. Also it seems if I get alot of snow dust from someone in front of me, it will start to fog? Mine is 2 years old and I thought it had all the updates. Any thought?

I have hyper hydrosis...I sweat if it's -20F. I have a CLmax and liked it but the cheap face mask with snaps were a pain and I found it to be a little cold in the chin area. I bought a BVS2 last season and it's a great helmet except for someone who sweats like me. It has foam between the shields and even with the electric shield the moisture gets trapped between and cannot clear it. It has great field of view and is actually too warm for someone like me(no vents)

Back