• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WHAT IS EVERY ONE DOING TO GET BETTER FUEL RANGE

I added an mcx 180 turbo with an ulmer clutch kit and get around 17 mpg on my 12 XTX. Also added the trail tank just in case.

Trail tank all the way! I just put one on my 2012 xtx and 2011 xtx. Both went on very easy. Couple hours to do the first one then 45 min for the second. I know when the tanks first came out they had issues but those are all fixed. They make them a hair smaller than when they came out (now they are 10.1), and they now fit in very easy. They come with factory fasteners and heat tape already on them. Nobody I've showed can tell that they aren't factory tanks. :Rockon:

aca31 said:
Trail tank all the way! I just put one on my 2012 xtx and 2011 xtx. Both went on very easy. Couple hours to do the first one then 45 min for the second. I know when the tanks first came out they had issues but those are all fixed. They make them a hair smaller than when they came out (now they are 10.1), and they now fit in very easy. They come with factory fasteners and heat tape already on them. Nobody I've showed can tell that they aren't factory tanks. :Rockon:

This statement makes me want to buy one...do you by chance have any pics of yours installed?

Just ordered a trail tank but was surprised at shipping cost!!!!!

36 bucks to ship to Michigan and time is 1 to 3 weeks delivery!!

Just had a new trail tank installed. After reading about them a lot on this site, problems with the fit of the old moulds, everything turned out great. Tank fits well, and looks great. I trimmed the centre console piece and cut the tabs on the side cowls. Looks completely stock. Looking forward to running it.
Ms

I just installed 2 kolpin 1.5 litre cans on my xtx

Attachments

• IMG_16588082914130.jpeg
    IMG_16588082914130.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 284
Is there a problem with the Yamaha fuel caddies? It doesn't seem like many guys use them?

grumpysanta said:
radianguy . can you post photos with the cans removed so i can see the bracket mount , and how you went about install
It's a Kolpin can with rotopax mount. Took a lot of grinding to get the rotopax mount to fit, but hopefully it's worth it. The Kolpin mount is plastic where the rotopax mount is aluminum.

RobWarrior said:
Is there a problem with the Yamaha fuel caddies? It doesn't seem like many guys use them?

Not good in deep snow (snow builds up on them)and they cause the sled to hang up when stuck...work good for on trail...I'm going with the Mountain Addiction track rack this winter.

Back