• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What is the best air psi setting front fox floats 08 apex

set them for your riding style........ we ride agressive trail so my buddy sets his up so the A-arms are parellel with the ground.

Dont forget to have the skis off the ground when doing the air pressure....have to lift it up in the center so no pressur is on a ski of an A arm.

Just play with it.... have your buddy sit on the sled, and you want to have your control arms parallel or slightly higher than the ground... i am 200lbs with gear and a full tank of fuel in my rtx i have just about 65 psi in my floats. I have been running this setup for a few years now and it handles great!!! some like it harder ,some shofter. thats the great things about these floats... you can "air" tune them to your riding weight/style.

jason

always measure PSI UN-weighted.

more importantly then PSI....adjust front shocks to allow A arms to be parallel to ground. This along with a 13mm sway bar has been proven to be the best FLAT HANDLING setup for us.

lower COG makes a hug difference in cornering.

Dan

Just like mine
DSC00369.JPG

2001srx=fast said:
whats the psi you run with rockerdan?

each sled can be slightly different PSI to achieve the best 'attitude' of the front end.

most of the time mine seems to end up around 38-42 PSI...but ive seen some sleds at 30 look parallel,and some with 45 look parallel....so i try to not use PSI as a general rule.

raise the front end slightly and start at 40psi,lower it and let it set for awhile(push up and down on front a few times)

see how she sets....add or remove air to get it parallel.

Dan

Tod said:
set them for your riding style........ we ride agressive trail so my buddy sets his up so the A-arms are parellel with the ground.

Dont forget to have the skis off the ground when doing the air pressure....have to lift it up in the center so no pressur is on a ski of an A arm.
Why do you need the skis off the ground when setting air pressure ? You do not lift your car when you set air pressure in your tires .

yamacat said:
Tod said:

Why do you need the skis off the ground when setting air pressure ? You do not lift your car when you set air pressure in your tires .

have you tried to ADD air to your sled with it on ground?...there is your answer.

Dan

Mr WFO said:
Thanks guys.
Hey Dan You may want to think about shoveling your roof in Huntsville
3 meters of snow!

yah its bad.....i posted some pics of that area where my cottage is in the general section!

about 3 feet feel in 36 hrs!

wow!

ROCKERDAN said:
yamacat said:
Tod said:

have you tried to ADD air to your sled with it on ground?...there is your answer.

Dan
To funny ~ just read the directions for your car tires and your floats. How are they related anyways yamacrap?

i run mine at 48-49. ran that all lst year after playing with adjustments. this year i pumped them up to 65, rode about 3 miles and dropped them right back to 48-49.

Back