• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What is the best full face helmet?

coyotekid

Extreme
With the end of our 3 weeks or so of summer fast approaching, I'm really starting to get the itch for snowmobile season to be here. One thing I'd like to upgrade this year is my helmet. I've been wearing an AGV/Blizzard/Lazer modular for the last few years and overall have been happy with it. I do have two complaints, however. It's pretty heavy and in any kind of a cross wind, I get nailed right in the temple with an icy blast. I'd like to find something that's relatively light, and has a tight seal. What does the collective wisdom of TY think? What helmets are you wearing and what do you think of those helmets?

KBC,snowcross helmet.Very lightweight.Wearing it for 7 season.

Attachments

• t_nytro1_110.jpg
    t_nytro1_110.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 151
HJC in any of the Moto style. I have had 3, liked them all. 2 are retired due to damage I inflicted striking my noggin on the ground LOL. Reasonably priced, with good or no graphics. Use a Klim balaclave and the breath box they supply, with Scott goggles. Ridden in -25 with it as well as +50. My current one is a flat black model, no graphics. You can KINDA' see it in my signature pic.

I like modular helmets myself, just my preference. I also think Ski Doo make the best modular helmets (IMO). I use a BRP Mod II . It is very comfy and very warm. It looks good too. It also has an integrated pair of sunglasses, which work really slick. I am the envy of my friends of really sunny days.

I don't use Moto helmets because I've found they can be freezing on cold days (IMO!) and they have no better or wider field of vision than my Mod II. It never fogs up either.

But someday I do want to try that Klim F4 helmet........

I had the mod 2 from BRP, and it worked out good for me. I switched this year to a BV2S model with a blue sun visor, and heated shield. Looking to get more of a open viewing area we will see what happens

Has anyone tried the HJC IS-Max? It seems that lots of people like the Mod II. How do they run for size, are they pretty true? Thanks for the input.

Attachments

• black_up.jpg
    black_up.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 159
i'm going to try one of these this year - electric of course

Attachments

• 114601_eps_l.jpg
    114601_eps_l.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 157
using a hjc cl15 myself. i cannot use a breath deflector as my glasses fog way too fast. had a cl12 and it was not too bad. want to try a modular but i use mine all year on my bike as well.

guys i ride with have mod 2. they havent had any problems with icing or fogging up. they really like em. tempted to pull the trigger on one myself.

Back