• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What kind of season was it for you?

Quebec, (lanaudierre) riding was typically great. A long trip to get there but you can always count on the conditions. 2,300 miles and could have easily been 1,000 more but for some trouble with OPS (other people's sleds).

Hard to beat this year. First ride was end of October on 2 feet, that lasted for close to a week last ride was 2 April on 12 inches of solid base. 1308 miles, 25 to 60 at a time (a couple of 80 mile days). Lots of night riding as that was the only time available - got good a clearing the powder off the headlight while still in the throttle. March had 5 feet on new snow, mostly falling in the low 20's so good quality.

Water bars (springs, drainage) were head high in places - what a hoot!

Now on to the maintenance and refirb.

This year was quite ok even though I only got to around 300 miles.

I've been riding with a snapped scaphoid bone (hand/wrist) the past 2 seasons, so that limited the rides some.

Season was cut short due to surgery of said bone, so now I've got a piece of my pelvis and a titanium screw in there.
If rehab goes well I'm looking at far more miles for next season!! :D

4127 miles.... was a great year, frist ride Dec21st, last ride Apr7th... still snow out there... but mama says its done!!! LOL... boys are leaving to go north thursday

Not so much snow where I live but solid bottom and a long winter even though there not beeing so much snow.. Snowfall seamed to be very regional this year as some here in Sweden had great seasons and some (like me) vere dissapointed but got enough to ride all season atleast..

Sledding started in Dec when the lakes froze over and I am still riding 5 months and 3560 miles later! Simply awesome winter! Best I remember in since the 60's and 70's!

It was a great season for myself and my 17 year old riding buddy, we spent all our time in Michigan a week in the slue area and a back pack long weekend trip. Also spent time in gaylord, cadillac we fell short of our goal of 2000 miles because super man went over the bars boondocking on some powerlines and brused his coler bone bad enough that he did not want to ride on sunday. Total for the season 1978 miles :sled1:

It was a most excellent season! I put on 1500 miles all in MN with a few hundred of those miles put on riding right from my home on the local trails & lakes!

I actually could have ridden last weekend up at the cabin in NE MN but the wife had other plans for me. I really wanted to do it just to say I rode in MN in May!

It was a great season through mid February until some jack@$$ from LaCrosse hit me while riding. His group met up with us at aour dinner stop. They were bragging about their brand new F8 Cat's and how hard they could ridde. They asked where we were going and they asked if they could ride with us since we were headed the same direction and we knew where we were going. We made it about 1/4 mile before he hit me with his brand new F8 and then took off without offering me his name or insurance. I limped my sled home and then bought a Nytro to replace it. So, my seaon was good again after that. I got about 1,200 miles on this year so all in all it wasn't too bad.

Back