• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

what size studs??/

YamaBert

Extreme
Read some other posts and am still confused. First time studder so bear with me. Looking to pick up 144 Roetins Hornets studs to install on my RTX....was wondering what is the longest possible length I can have without doing major damage or making any modification changes?? Or what modifications would I have to make to accomodate for longer studs?? Thanks in advance

I think most guys with stock ripsaw run 1.325s in a gold digger....not sure what is close in the hornets though.

just remember the ripsaw has soft lugs,and even guys with 1.325s have reported scratch marks on exhaust,usually not deep but they can touch.

I run a 1 inch predator with 1.175s....the predator is a harder lug track and have never touched a stud anywhere to exhaust.

dan

My rtx is studded with 144 woodys 1.325 meagabites down the middle I
think you will find that to be a very common number and length for most people doing trail riding .When you start adding 168 or 192 studs you start to give up more top end due to extra rotating mass. :4STroke:

I run, 144 1.450 in my Ripsaw. I had 1.325 and I spun way to much.

I switched to the 1.45's this year. when I bottom hard, on moguls that want to break your sled in half, lol I may bottom. thats the only tim I have hit my exhaust or cooer support. But I have. So the 1.3's are a safe bet, but don't hook up nearly as well. Hope this helps

I have the 1.450 Mack studs up the middle. the worst i have seen so far are a couple of nicks in the exhaust and some more on the cooler support. On hardpack they are the only way to go. I believe the 1.325's to be a little too small for the ripsaw. Check out Mack studs in NH. you won't regret them.

I have144 1.325 Woodys Gold Diggers down the center. I think that the sled has to much power for 144. But I don't want to punch any more holes in the track than I have to. I think that this setup is a good trail setup. If you want to get more of a hole shot then get more and longer studs.

New to studs myself, I see most in my area running 144. But on the Woodys web site, it recommends 192 1.325 for a performance set up. And a trail recommendation of 168, 1.325

When you guys talk about losing speed with more studs. Are you talking about 1mph or are you talking about 5 or 10mph?

I use 192 woody's 1.375 on thier performance pattern. I was always told about 1 stud per HP so 144 might be a few short, 168 would be better. I chose 192 just because of the massive torque of the 4stroke. I dont think I've lost any top end based on all the other posts about top speed. I've seen 124-125 dream meter and 112 on the gps several times. Just remember to keep your carbides in proportion to the number of studs.

Thanks for all the replies, kind of got an idea and direction to go off of now. Ill let you know what I end up doing. I got 1200+ miles on my 07 RTX now and really noticed that when Im on lakes that I can shoot out a 50 ft rooster tail of snow which is just wasted performance. Also, with how icy the trails were in parts of northern WI it got me pretty gunhoe about getting some studs.

Also Shootinstick, have you had any problems with those Roetins studs as of yet?? How many are you running? Do they hook up well on both trail and lakes? Thanks again guys...

As my sig lines say, I'm running 162 on an Attak 136" track

I have had 3 break completely, a couple bend and about 15 of them had the carbide tip either wear completely down or break out. I'm not overly impressed with them. To Roetin's credit though, they did replace the 14 broken ones I sent them last summer under their "NO BREAK" warranty but it took them 3 months to get them to me. This coming spring I will send them a bunch more.

I think if I was to stud again I would use another brand, probably Woody's.

Back