• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What skis are you Apex Mountainer's running?

Apex Freerider said:
Alll stock... except for like 3 sets of sliders lol

Yeah -stock ski's are great , I love 'em.............about the sliders , After my first one's went out after 300 miles , i got a set of hyperfaxes for mine , they show no wear at all. ;)!

I've seen alot of sleds with Simmons on the other thread

Seems like alot of folks running Simmons on the thread about seeing everyone's Apex. How about slydog in comparison to Simmons and Stock ski's ? Easier to steer, float better, track better ?

When I first got my Apex back in December, I had to rent it out to help pay for it every month and teh gas money, so I rented it out, the first time, sliders gone, the whole back end was only titanium and the windshield screws were all gone. So I vowed never again, no more renting it out, I took it out again on New years for like 5 days, another pair of sliders, in the garbage, and the wheels. And im on my third pair and haven't had to change em yet.And my dad won't let meget those Hyperfax ones. And i'm to poor to afford simmons haha, or else id have them.

YamahaGurl #13

I have rode a few different apex's this winter. Some had stock skies and some had simmons. I have always been a simmons supporter, but I think they suck on the apex. Thought the stock skies were so/so. I had simmons on my trx1, they were off my another sled I had. Pretty much worn out with over 6000kms on them. Looking for a lighter ski, I tried Slydogs. About 2lbs less then stock/simmons. Work great for me, and less keel than stock. Got them from Freak, good to deal with too.

RED said:
I have rode a few different apex's this winter. Some had stock skies and some had simmons. I have always been a simmons supporter, but I think they suck on the apex. Thought the stock skies were so/so. I had simmons on my trx1, they were off my another sled I had. Pretty much worn out with over 6000kms on them. Looking for a lighter ski, I tried Slydogs. About 2lbs less then stock/simmons. Work great for me, and less keel than stock. Got them from Freak, good to deal with too.
>>>>
So you think over all the powder hound Slydog ski's out performed the Simmons and the stockers ? Did you run the Berstrom ski savers with them and shim them as well ? What type carbides ? THX man

I have a set of slydogs that i still have mixed feelings about. I am running the stock skis at the moment but i like the flex and powder ability of the slydogs just the trail manners (hardpack) of them I dont like. The stockers seem to do decent everywhere except on a scale.

Tuco said:
I have a set of slydogs that i still have mixed feelings about. I am running the stock skis at the moment but i like the flex and powder ability of the slydogs just the trail manners (hardpack) of them I dont like. The stockers seem to do decent everywhere except on a scale.
>>>>>
Can you elaborate on the hard pack manners of the slydog's ? Did you happen to have them shimmed and running the ski savers or just standard carbides ?

I dont know what ski savers or the shims are. They have 4 inch carbides and they dont hardly turn on hard pack or even set up snow. They just push, more then once i have ended up off the intended path in the thick trees cause of them. I was willing to over look this due to the great handling in the powder, but we didnt have much powder here in southern CO this year until recently. Also the ski loops suck huge anus.

ski savers are made by Bergstrom and shims keep the front of the carbides from touching first and pulling/darting. Google Bergstrom Skeg's and add the shimms with some savers and a good set of 8" carbides and you'll be able to turn when you want I should think.

skis

I think im going to go with a set of mod skis on my sled next year i think it will make it steer easier.

I rode an Apex Mtn with Simmons on it and thought it made the front end seem alot heavier. Seemed to kick powder up in your face more too. Not decided yet if I'll run simmons or not. If the stock skis tracked a little better on trails I'd probably leave them on. But I'd rather not have to trail at all !! Just my $0.02.

:rocks:

I don't know how they'll work on the APEX but I am switching to a new ski a friend of mine sells. They are made by PPD out of Canada. I don't have them in possetion or I wouls get some pics up for you guys but here is the skinny on them; They are 7" wide, 2 lbs lighter than simmons and have a tri-keel design. You have three carbides (two on the edge like simmons & one in the middle like a stock ski.

You are able to get marbled black-red,green,yellow,blue also offered in white. I should have the skis sometime (marbled black/red) late next month and will get some close up pics on here. Here is the only pic from PPD's web site which only shows the ski tip.

Jim

Attachments

• index_16.jpg
    index_16.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 137
BlgsRX-1mtn said:
I don't know how they'll work on the APEX but I am switching to a new ski a friend of mine sells. They are made by PPD out of Canada. I don't have them in possetion or I wouls get some pics up for you guys but here is the skinny on them; They are 7" wide, 2 lbs lighter than simmons and have a tri-keel design. You have three carbides (two on the edge like simmons & one in the middle like a stock ski.

You are able to get marbled black-red,green,yellow,blue also offered in white. I should have the skis sometime (marbled black/red) late next month and will get some close up pics on here. Here is the only pic from PPD's web site which only shows the ski tip.

Jim
>>>>
any more info on the ski's you mentioned or a link to the web page?

Back