• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What The @#$% Now?

Nice, holy cow I feel like a slug trying to pull my motor compared to you pulling 2! I need to yank mine to replace a $2 O ring oil leak! I checked the compression based on your note and was happy to see its even steven across the board. Motor is still healthy after 8000 miles of 10-11 psi of boost with only mod being a head shim. So I would love to find out what happened to yours, I'm sure you had impeccable maintenance. Great job!

Nice, holy cow I feel like a slug trying to pull my motor compared to you pulling 2! I need to yank mine to replace a $2 O ring oil leak! I checked the compression based on your note and was happy to see its even steven across the board. Motor is still healthy after 8000 miles of 10-11 psi of boost with only mod being a head shim. So I would love to find out what happened to yours, I'm sure you had impeccable maintenance. Great job!
Helped the seller remove the engine. Only took an hour as the sled had no front end and all the plastics were off. Now I need to remove mine and stick the replacement in.
Looking at the damage embedded into the aluminum head and piston it looks like a small hard metal object got in there. I'm going to tip the exhaust and see if any metal bits are in it.

Spent a few hours after supper working on it. Made up a c to c tool tho there seems that there is no adjustment in the motor mounts to change this.
20200205_181443.jpg
20200205_191741.jpg
20200205_225550.jpg

Spent a few hours after super working on it. Made up a c to c tool tho there seems that there is no adjustment in the motor mounts to change this.
View attachment 152890 View attachment 152891 View attachment 152892
The only way I've ever been able to tweak engine alignment is by using the threaded adjusters in the frame on the front two mounts. Yamaha never recomended moving the engine this way, however.
I would thread the right in, and the left out to push the front of the engine over if it needed to be.

I am planning to yank mine Friday night, I have a supercharger in the way though. I am going to try and move steering gate with handbars and everything attached to clutch side to help speed it up. Good luck!

For alignment I always left the front loose then used the rear bolt adjustment over by the chaincase side. Set your offset and alignment then tighten the front down. Your jig idea is not bad either! Attached is service manual way.
engine install.jpg

same way around here when the neices or nephews visit although i get roped into giving them rides slowly in the yard.

Well as awesome as kids are, grand kids are waaaaaaaaaay more fun. Just said bye to the little dude after an overnighter and now back to the garage to button everything up and go for a " what did I forget to tighten" ride

Back