• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What The @#$% Now?

Whatever went in there got the valve seat I would guess and killed compression. Saw that in a Harley motor that ate a nut from the aircleaner. Did you look at the injector for number three? Anything missing?

Whatever went in there got the valve seat I would guess and killed compression. Saw that in a Harley motor that ate a nut from the aircleaner. Did you look at the injector for number three? Anything missing?
No, I have not looked at the injector yet. When I get some spare time and ambition I will tear the whole thing down to it's last bolt.

BROKEN.jpg

Yes I would love to know what happened. The rivet theory just seems to improbable. At least your riding! I have a marathon of late nights once my oil pan gasket gets here tomorrow!
Yeah I know but the rivet theory is all I got right now.
I was surprised how easy and quick the install went. I guess my habits from long ago of being an automotive tech still serve me well. I always install bolts back in there respective places if I know the project will take awhile. Separate out and store sections or groups of parts and fasteners and work on one system at a time. Never jump around from side to side and refer back to pics that I take during tear down. Judging that all I forgot was the reverse beeper and a clamp my little habits still works.
Keep the beer and kids out of the garage while you work and it will be running in no time. :tg:

Have to love taking pictures to refer back to, especially with oldtimers setting in.

Yep. First time on the Apex.
Had to pull my 97 SX engine a long time ago as it ate the mag side bearing. That's when I discovered TY. Purchased a head, jug and piston from members on the 2smoke side.
Back in the day when I worked at a dealership I would do one day engine swaps. Granted they were like 84 Chevy pickups. Very simple with lots of room to work in.

The ape can be intimidating to pull apart but I am constantly amazed how well designed they are. I have had mine apart so many times and every time it goes back together like new. Nothing sloppy or out of place. They really were well thought out. I just don't like that its a process of removing basically everything to get that engine out. Did you time yourself? I am at 5 hours to get it out myself. The supercharger slowed me down for sure. Add 1 hr on the out and probably 2 on the install just for that. Aligning those pullies is a PITA!

This is the 2nd engine swap I have done first was in my RX1 which was just as hard, although the ape is nicer with the plastics being able to just get out of the way, I hated working around the hood of the RX1, should have just removed it but kept thinking, it will be ok LOL.

Would of been hard to time myself as I was trying to diagnose the issue at hand. Had lots apart before it was decided to yank out the engine.
I found over the years that if you take your time and organize yourself, putting anything engine back in is fairly simple. As major parts get attached all the little stuff just falls into place.
For example the wiring harness. Once laid out properly all the connectors almost plug themselves in.

Yep. First time on the Apex.
Had to pull my 97 SX engine a long time ago as it ate the mag side bearing. That's when I discovered TY. Purchased a head, jug and piston from members on the 2smoke side.
Back in the day when I worked at a dealership I would do one day engine swaps. Granted they were like 84 Chevy pickups. Very simple with lots of room to work in.

Car/truck engine where so easy back in the day.

No, I have not looked at the injector yet. When I get some spare time and ambition I will tear the whole thing down to it's last bolt.

With the fuel increase it just makes me wonder. The other magic bouncy thing is so absurd it is possible. Im glad your sled is back together though Good Job!

Back