• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What to watch for in the CR10ek?

the cr10ek plugs are just a bit colder spark than the 9's. the 10's may have a little harder time starting but it will start and run normally. as far as fouling, if you start a cold sled up and shut back off before the red light goes out, it will foul after a couple cycles. any plug will foul if you dont let them warm up or you start it up and hit the throttle and shut it back off. they will not foul just because they feel like it while your riding down the trail. the 10's will be fine.

plugs

I have 8000 miles on my cr10ek plugs might change them this summer, starting to start badly when cold. when hot they seem fine, wonder how long they should last. How many miles do you guys have on some of yours.

Ive run the CR10Ek's for two seasons now. Sled always fires right up. Last trip I made it was -22F and she fired right up.

Main thing is, like what was mentioned before, is to let the sled warmup enough before shutting it down.

A buddy of mine fouled his stock CR9EB plugs twice from just starting and shutting it off a few times.

3rd season on the same set of CR10EKs in my turbo sled - not a single hickup in 4500 miles. No cold start problems whatsoever only running 9.13:1 compression :) I always warm the engine up to operating temp whenever I start it, that will keep carbon buildup and moisture from forming on the electrodes and insulators creating a short circuit, resulting in no spark and a fouled plug.

Frquent start stop cycles to listen to the sweet sound of the motor in the garage is surest way to foul your plugs. Did that in my 03 RX-1 so fouled the originals. Have run the 10s for over a year now & NO ISSUES, just a couple of more Horses. Learned my lesson 6 years ago, let it warm up properly & drive it you'll be fine.

Caps off any other spark plug will be fine. just out a drop of lok-tite on there so the caps will stay on.

Back