• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Whats the best super charger controller??

Tom, do you run the blow off or bypass valve? You can run 1 or 2 small blow off valves to bleed off boost until you hammer the gas then it will close it making full boost.

I could get around 100 - 120 miles from my MPI stage 1 @ 7 psi @11,000 RPM but in the mid it was closer to crusing at 1 -3 psi depending on speed.

That was with no head shim or blow off or bypass valve of any kind so it should be very do-able.

My turbo sled now (1200 doo at 6psi) runs around 13 mpg with 1 bov in the intercooler and runs around 1 psi of boost at 60 mph for comparison. I average running the crap out of it 12 mpg. The BOV or bypass make a big difference in fuel mileage.

TurboJamie said:
Tom, do you run the blow off or bypass valve? You can run 1 or 2 small blow off valves to bleed off boost until you hammer the gas then it will close it making full boost.

I could get around 100 - 120 miles from my MPI stage 1 @ 7 psi @11,000 RPM but in the mid it was closer to crusing at 1 -3 psi depending on speed.

That was with no head shim or blow off or bypass valve of any kind so it should be very do-able.

My turbo sled now (1200 doo at 6psi) runs around 13 mpg with 1 bov in the intercooler and runs around 1 psi of boost at 60 mph for comparison. I average running the crap out of it 12 mpg. The BOV or bypass make a big difference in fuel mileage.

Yes I have a BOV on the intercooler and that should be set at 10lbs... I need 2 BOVs?

Well you can run a second to bleed off more boost if you wanted to so you can increase the range on the sled.

I "beleive" MPI has an electronic bleed valve now that is based on boost but you might have to call to get the info on it.

Rb3 is ok if you take lots of time you can get her real close. But have found on two sled at WOT the AFR will all ways swing alot. Same feild same time same load on motor. One pass 11.8 next pass 12.5 Drives me nuts!! I think it is the stock ECU making changes.

Skydog

Skydog said:
Rb3 is ok if you take lots of time you can get her real close. But have found on two sled at WOT the AFR will all ways swing alot. Same feild same time same load on motor. One pass 11.8 next pass 12.5 Drives me nuts!! I think it is the stock ECU making changes.

Skydog

Nope its not bondi figured out why this winter on the Doo's its how dave is setting em up ;) Call bondi and talk to him.

Man i hope so..... had same thing on Nytro and 1200 Doo. Is it a load setting?

Skydog

Skydog said:
Man i hope so..... had same thing on Nytro and 1200 Doo. Is it a load setting?

Skydog

He may or may not tell you if you call him, I know how to properly do it but its not my place to say, and I think he is one of the only guys to figure it out, even PL procedure is not correct ALL the time as skydog has pointed out. Every map sensor is different fyi so as good as someone says their map is they are all off from sled to sled. Call Chris and talk to him he might tell ya.

Sounds good, I am done with rb3 sold all those sleds.The Cat setup is so so much better.Knock sensor is unreal cool! Done with them until they catch on and boost from the get go. But for all the guys with rb3 I would hope he would let the cat out of the bag and help them out. Just good for everyone.

Tom I have found that the RB 3 is the most unreliable controller next to the gems box, some boxes work decent others don't work at all. Power commander is superior by far. The best system by far is the MC xpress which uses extra injectors in the intercooler and does not effect the stock ecu, there is a guy out there who has made a system called THE BOOST IT where he does the same thing and is supposed to work great and easy to dial in. I know he has been pushing the system on sno-west and doo-talk. You might want to contact him on it.

stone88 said:
Tom I have found that the RB 3 is the most unreliable controller next to the gems box, some boxes work decent others don't work at all. Power commander is superior by far. The best system by far is the MC xpress which uses extra injectors in the intercooler and does not effect the stock ecu, there is a guy out there who has made a system called THE BOOST IT where he does the same thing and is supposed to work great and easy to dial in. I know he has been pushing the system on sno-west and doo-talk. You might want to contact him on it.

Do you have the guys name or contact info from SnoWest?

MrSled said:
stone88 said:

Do you have the guys name or contact info from SnoWest?

Hi

I have the "Boost-it" system on my Impulse Nytro. Its super easy to use and very consistent and good performance.

You can reach Neil at this email: nmboostit@gmail.com

P1000625.jpg

The best system by far is the MC xpress which uses extra injectors in the intercooler and does not effect the stock ecu,

Ding ding ding!!! So right, just like the Cat set up.

That Boost it looks SUPER cool too!!!! :) :)

Skydog said:
The best system by far is the MC xpress which uses extra injectors in the intercooler and does not effect the stock ecu,

aint the boost it system basicly the same as mcx?

yamiboost said:
Skydog said:

aint the boost it system basicly the same as mcx?

Both systems are standalone extra injector controllers.

On Boost-It you set when the extra controllers should start to add fuel, like at 0.1 psi boost or whatever you want really. Then you set a number for total fuel(0-255) with my setup Im around 80(450cc injectors).

You can also trim each 250 rpms up or down, from-64 to +64.

Connect a wideband and it also logs each 250 rpms with AFR numbers.

Every adjustment you need is on the box, just press a few buttons and its done, no need to pull out the laptop on the hill.

P1000603.jpg

P1000599.jpg

Back