• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

When do you get full boost

muskrat

Pro
Can someone please tell me at what throttle setting do you achieve full boost? If you are set up for 8 pounds should that be at half throttle or where? Thank you if you can help.

MM

uphigh said:
Full boost should be achieved at full throttle

Not all the time. Boost is created with load. I can max boost within 100 feet and i'm not max rpm yet. If you lose traction and spin your boost will come up faster. What's boost set at max now?

boost

Max is at 8 or 10 depending on switch position. If I give it 1/8 throttle I am seeing about 4 psi then two...if I give it 1/2 throttle I see 8 psi then it drops as speed picks up, it only drops to like 5-6. Is this normal, it seems to run great. Using a lot of gas, Broke a track tention bolt so fixing that right now. Literally smoked the Hyfax at 120 mph plus so new ones going on and a couple of slightly bigger wheels. Hope it doesn't get too warm and melt the snow.

MM

That is normal, as flybyu wrote, boost is created with load!
Thats why you can't tune boost with back of sled rised off ground, there's not much load applyed.
As you accelerate you will see more boost then when keeping speed because it's more load.
Klimbing a steep hill with good traction will give highest boost readings.
Hitting throttle with bad traction will give you much less load = less boost.

BOV

No boost control, just a two position switch that bleeds air, have a BOV but not installed yet. Putting in wideband gauge this weekend ....I hope. A dial type boost gauge would be nice but need to getthis other stuff done first.

MM

a blow off is always a must as it will save fuel, keep your throttle bodies from blowing off. I run a turbosmart dual boost controller that has a switch you mount for low and high settings that you preset

Re: hi

muskrat said:
OK, I am getting full boost at half throttle, how do I adjust that?

MM

That is because your Boost Gauge is connected to your intercooler, you need to connect it to your Carb Boots so you can measure the pressure the engine is seeing on the other side of the butterflys.

Ted.

Re: hi

Ted Jannetty said:
muskrat said:
OK, I am getting full boost at half throttle, how do I adjust that?

MM

That is because your Boost Gauge is connected to your intercooler, you need to connect it to your Carb Boots so you can measure the pressure the engine is seeing on the other side of the butterflys.

Ted.

Ted.

at full throttle does it have the same boost at intercooler and carb boots

Back