• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

where is the info on the new Yamaha race sleds?

This is a warning to Ruckus and AKrider, if you dont have anything good to say, dont say anything at ALL. I am tired of the two of you dirtying the site with negative posts .... I have yet to see a positive tone of any fashion.... we are here to help others not listen to you two complain.... this is your final warning and if starts again you will be remove and blocked from my site!!!

Now Now

Dear Mr. Sled,

I repect that this is your site and comments like the one above are yours to make, but I have been a member on TY since 06 and it does seem like there is some Yamaha protectionism going on here lately! I don't know that all would agree that these guys are that far off. I would hope that this type of post is being actively read by YMC. If everyone blows sunshine up there butts to keep themselves on the inside track with YMC then that is their choice. I on the other hand have owned and rode more Yamaha's than most going all the way back to an enticer 340 with most years over 3k miles in both flat and mountains. Literally buying a new ride every two or three years. I think I know there sleds! The apex yes is an old chassis but fundementally still a great sled and I have owned a couple of them. My Nytro on the other hand was well lets just say right up there with the Inviter! Most guys on this site have spend a lot of coin to get these things from being flat out scary to ride! Now granted this is of course a consumer choice and they did buy the damn thing even some knowing its flaws, but I think this constructive feedback on product should be allowed on this site. Somehow you are viewing this as negative or brand bashing. I did not get this feeling as most of the issues stated are known to all of us...and frankly if they change the front end making better balance and they have a race kit I hope we could purchase it. I think its a matter of perspective....If I am a YMC marketing guy I want this info so I can create a better data set of what my customer wants...what he/she values....Just my two cents hope its not my last post as I only rarely express my point of view, but I do enjoy reading.

Re: Now Now

fogilization said:
Dear Mr. Sled,

I repect that this is your site and comments like the one above are yours to make, but I have been a member on TY since 06 and it does seem like there is some Yamaha protectionism going on here lately! I don't know that all would agree that these guys are that far off. I would hope that this type of post is being actively read by YMC. If everyone blows sunshine up there butts to keep themselves on the inside track with YMC then that is their choice. I on the other hand have owned and rode more Yamaha's than most going all the way back to an enticer 340 with most years over 3k miles in both flat and mountains. Literally buying a new ride every two or three years. I think I know there sleds! The apex yes is an old chassis but fundementally still a great sled and I have owned a couple of them. My Nytro on the other hand was well lets just say right up there with the Inviter! Most guys on this site have spend a lot of coin to get these things from being flat out scary to ride! Now granted this is of course a consumer choice and they did buy the damn thing even some knowing its flaws, but I think this constructive feedback on product should be allowed on this site. Somehow you are viewing this as negative or brand bashing. I did not get this feeling as most of the issues stated are known to all of us...and frankly if they change the front end making better balance and they have a race kit I hope we could purchase it. I think its a matter of perspective....If I am a YMC marketing guy I want this info so I can create a better data set of what my customer wants...what he/she values....Just my two cents hope its not my last post as I only rarely express my point of view, but I do enjoy reading.

I can respect your post as well and I dont think you are seeing it completely from my point of view here... they have said their peace and its really getting old ... like a broken record. No one needs to go on every thread and reiterate the same points over and over.... we GOT IT. Nothing has been removed, so if I want to read more about their opinions and issues, I would search the forum... there is enough data by now...

I enjoy helping user with issues and making things better but think of it as a wife or a neighbor constantly nagging.... its gets old... that is the warning I am trying to make.... I want your opinion, I want to hear what you like or dislike but too much is just that... TOO MUCH and to argue just to argue will not be tolerated either.

go to doo talk and bash yamaha, they like hearing that over there. I just want help and info when i come to this site, not posts regarding how crappy it is. I dont run yamaha or the race dept so they can make good / bad decisions on thier own, i like thier products so i buy them, end of story. Not to offend anyones opinion....

raginyamaha said:
go to doo talk and bash yamaha, they like hearing that over there. I just want help and info when i come to this site, not posts regarding how crappy it is. I dont run yamaha or the race dept so they can make good / bad decisions on thier own, i like thier products so i buy them, end of story. Not to offend anyones opinion....

X2

The new sled blog states yamaha had been banned from production class xc racing! There you go, history repeating itself. It seems one brand complained loudly after yamaha's recent win.
To all the naysayers, who wonder on here why yamaha doesn't have a race on sunday, sell on monday attitude, this is why. Show any signs of success and get smacked down. Only yamaha could bring a "heavy, ill-handling" knife to a gunfight and get disqualified. Maybe the competition is afraid there is a howitzer out there somewhere with yamaha on the side.

MrSled said:
This is a warning to Ruckus and AKrider, if you dont have anything good to say, dont say anything at ALL. I am tired of the two of you dirtying the site with negative posts .... I have yet to see a positive tone of any fashion.... we are here to help others not listen to you two complain.... this is your final warning and if starts again you will be remove and blocked from my site!!!

I have only spoken the truth. Honest.

7 skulls said:
The new sled blog states yamaha had been banned from production class xc racing! There you go, history repeating itself. It seems one brand complained loudly after yamaha's recent win.
To all the naysayers, who wonder on here why yamaha doesn't have a race on sunday, sell on monday attitude, this is why. Show any signs of success and get smacked down. Only yamaha could bring a "heavy, ill-handling" knife to a gunfight and get disqualified. Maybe the competition is afraid there is a howitzer out there somewhere with yamaha on the side.

Yamaha tends to tip toe around the rules and gets their just dessert. If Yamaha would just bide by the rules "like all the other manufacturers" and produce a full blown racer for the consumers "like all the other manufacturers" do, then their disqualification problems would not exsist. Then maybe their parts for this application wouldn't be the price of the sled!! I too am getting very tired of :die Yamahas BS :moon: . That's my honest opinion. Cheers, Scott

yukon yamaha said:
Yeah for ALCAN 200 in the blog !! :Rockon:
X2
"This marks the fourth year in a row that this race has been won by an Apex but the all time speed record average (121mph) set by an SRX still stands."
Record on the SRX set by my local dealer Craig. Hell of a nice guy and a hell of a racer!! The reason I own an Apex is because of this dealership they are awesome. Northern Power Sports: http://www.northernpowersports.com/

It's kinda funny...every race series has rules. The one who can stretch the rules, cheat and not get caught wins the races. In my eyes there is no honest race winner in any event, if you want to talk honesty.

Back