• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

where is the info on the new Yamaha race sleds?

If this is whats in store for the 2013 Nytro(if it returns in this form?)there may also be "tweeks" to the motor.Hows 150-160hp sound to the masses(They are testing them right now).

low slung said:
If this is whats in store for the 2013 Nytro(if it returns in this form?)there may also be "tweeks" to the motor.Hows 150-160hp sound to the masses(They are testing them right now).
they will never put the nytro in that category, bacause the new apex makes 162hp, and it would be pointless to have two engines clashing for the same HP category..

HartleRacing said:
low slung said:
they will never put the nytro in that category, bacause the new apex makes 162hp, and it would be pointless to have two engines clashing for the same HP category..
True,but a 145-150hp would be a great sled and won,t hurt apex sales.I keep hearing big things for 2013.Something is brewing.

Blue Hornet said:
Cat and polaris have very impressive teams and drivers. If a Nytro can beat them at anything is saying alot!! i was doubtful that they would be competitive at all, and im happy to eat crow. Keep up the good work guys! Hey yam177, what happened that you dnf'd?

Mistake on my part on assembly, I forgot a washer and the upper a-arm pulled off.

Hopefully we will have results for the other classes soon. I think I did fairly well but we will see :)

The sled works well and we should have a good year. Make sure to keep cheering on your 6 Yamaha racers in USCC

Thank You

Seth Thorson #177

No Part #'s yet?

Second AK riders question where are the part numbers?

Not trying to throw stones here, but if there is this much excitement over these small changes then we are in big trouble. The balance of the Nytro is fundamentally flawed. Not to say the exterior can't look like it does now, but lets face it they don't handle even remotely as good as the new cat, XP or ProR.....Understand that the motor is hands down the most awesome thing on the snow.

Now here is a jab and no I don't own anything other than Yamaha's and this very real analysis will likely get pulled.
Like it or not I think the marketing department at YMC is at fault or at least their is a very large disconnect between the voice of customer (VOC) data and what their innovation (R&D) team is putting out. This could also be from a voice of customer sampling issue. Do I believe the Venture and Apex are great snowmobiles with EPS and the other improvements (Yes). But they are only appeal stock to a very niche segment of high end, high mileage trail category riders. I think their segmentation mindset is flawed in that snowmobiles, especially new ones are the upper middle classes winter Ferrari as most of us can't afford Ferraris. Taking a lightweight base chasis that offers amaziing handling is the approach the other manufacturers have taken. Yes I believe a 4 stroke can and will win the motor war, but lets face it words like "Lighter, Balanced, and Ground Hugging"must have shown up in YMC's VOC data. And this pertains to all riding yes there are slight tweaks to be in the mountains versus Ontario, but roll over valves and tunnels can be factory applied dressing.

The only other explanation is that YMC has moved this division to a run for cash scenario to ensure its dealer base as some winter product line to offer ensuring they don't seed a new competitor in their channel.

Just the way I see our lack of the best Yami ever!

Srxspec said:
There is a part number for the "race kit" used on these sleds which makes it legal for the stock class.

Pro Stock DNF came from the result of a oil tank hose coming off.

It's looking to me like you spoke out of turn. So far nothing for part numbers for the "race kit" and there is nothing on the Yamaha snowmobile website showing it as a GYT-R part.

How about just post the name and phone number for the independent shop in Minnesota that built the front ends for the race sleds and people on this site could contact them directly and see if they will do a small production run?

these guys are rather sneaky about all of this.. they know that we know about the changes too the sled.. but act like they havent seen us comment on the changes.

lets hope its because the changes will be on a production sled in the future.

HartleRacing said:
these guys are rather sneaky about all of this.. they know that we know about the changes too the sled.. but act like they havent seen us comment on the changes.

I think people forget there is such a thing as Yamaha corporate that likes to be in control of the information..

AKrider,

Do you really think Allen is lying to you? Do you really think that Yamaha is lying to the cross country association?

Be smart about this. You are starting to rub people the wrong way..

I don't even know Allen. He said there was a part number for the "race kit" so is there or isn't there? It isn't like we are talking about brand new stuff here. These parts have existed for YEARS. It would be nice if whoever finally offered them to the consumer while they can ride this season.

I didn't say Yamaha lied to the USCC, their tech guys aren't stupid. However, it was my impression that 300-500 pats had to be produced for something to be considered stock. If I can't order the part, how is that a stock part?

I'm getting really tired of the few on this site who get upset with me because I question the direction and decisions Yamaha makes with its snowmachines. I'm not on this site to sell people things, I post fixes and help people out all the time. This whole USCC race program is looking very much like the sno-x program. They hype the heck out of one race and the consumer gets nothing in return as far as improvements to the consumer chassis. If Yamaha was smart they'd release the race kit, let people ride and break them this season and improve the kits for production over the summer. Trouble is that would make entirely too much sense because that is how the North American companies do business. The same companies that are kicking Yamaha's butt in sales.

Secrets piss people off. Sometimes people feel smarter because they know something you don't. This doesn't help anybody. Spill the beans or never say anything. 1/2 an ounce of information is as helpful as none at all. Getting tired of reading BS. Cheers, Scott

scott32 said:
Secrets piss people off. Sometimes people feel smarter because they know something you don't. This doesn't help anybody. Spill the beans or never say anything. 1/2 an ounce of information is as helpful as none at all. Getting tired of reading BS. Cheers, Scott
they did give us half an ounce. they showed up pictures and videos of the "new stuff" in action. then leave it at that and leave us to fight over where the rest of the info might be..

Back