• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Which Hacksaw track is faster?

Apparently tracks USA will cut any track to 14” wide if you order through them. I’m track shopping this summer too ;)

Interesting. Do u know of anyone running the 144 on a 137 suspension? Will it fit and tighten up?

You'd have to put in rail extensions. It will not work to run a 144 track with a 137 skid otherwise. You can run a 144 track with the 141 skid as I have built several.

You'd have to put in rail extensions. It will not work to run a 144 track with a 137 skid otherwise. You can run a 144 track with the 141 skid as I have built several.
What if you went with 10 tooth drivers and larger rear wheels?

I had the 10T thing and large gears to help efficiency and Ulmer set it up and it just didn't cut it. The Hacksaw track was junk and would actually spin out at 100mph and the sled wouldn't go! Switched back to 9T and stock apex gearing and had Ulmer re tune. Then sled would rip to 140mph with predator 1.25x151x13.5" With big power I would stay away from 1" track. I think Yammie screwed up with the 1" on the new SRX. Should be 1.25 as minimum.

I had the 10T thing and large gears to help efficiency and Ulmer set it up and it just didn't cut it. The Hacksaw track was junk and would actually spin out at 100mph and the sled wouldn't go! Switched back to 9T and stock apex gearing and had Ulmer re tune. Then sled would rip to 140mph with predator 1.25x151x13.5" With big power I would stay away from 1" track. I think Yammie screwed up with the 1" on the new SRX. Should be 1.25 as minimum.
A lot depends on what surface you are running on also. I play on an ice strip and normally go for a week long trip North somewhere. That's about it so to truly maximize my speeds on the ice I need some type of a 1" track.

What if you went with 10 tooth drivers and larger rear wheels?

I don't know of anyone who makes a 10 tooth 2.86 pitch driver. The stock 9 tooth is as large as I've ever seen (I'm sure somewhere like Avid would make custom ones, but $$$). If you're thinking of going to 10 tooth 2.52 pitch drivers, they are actually slightly smaller than the stock 9 tooth 2.86 pitch. Also, at some point you have to be very careful of going to too large of drivers, as they will stick out of the tunnel and could be hit and also the front of the rails would get into them as well. A larger rear wheel likely wouldn't work either. To go from a 137 to a 144 length you have to make up roughly 3.5" of length, just not doable without rail extensions.

I don't know of anyone who makes a 10 tooth 2.86 pitch driver. The stock 9 tooth is as large as I've ever seen (I'm sure somewhere like Avid would make custom ones, but $$$). If you're thinking of going to 10 tooth 2.52 pitch drivers, they are actually slightly smaller than the stock 9 tooth 2.86 pitch. Also, at some point you have to be very careful of going to too large of drivers, as they will stick out of the tunnel and could be hit and also the front of the rails would get into them as well. A larger rear wheel likely wouldn't work either. To go from a 137 to a 144 length you have to make up roughly 3.5" of length, just not doable without rail extensions.
Ok well said. Thanks for your input.

The 1" ripsaw 2 may be the way to go. I keep hearing the hacksaw is faster but how much faster is the question?? Maybe someone has experience with both on a sidewinder. Running the hacksaw requires 2.52 drivers for those that aren't aware. Maybe Camso will make a 1" 2.86 pitch hacksaw in the future.

The 1" ripsaw 2 may be the way to go. I keep hearing the hacksaw is faster but how much faster is the question?? Maybe someone has experience with both on a sidewinder. Running the hacksaw requires 2.52 drivers for those that aren't aware. Maybe Camso will make a 1" 2.86 pitch hacksaw in the future.

Run the 2.52 pitch if you're looking for top speed. Fastest track pitch available!

Back