• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

which oil do you guys use?

Mobil One - Synthetic ;)!

Might be cheaper to own a 2 stroke at those prices. I think the oil would be good if Allen sells it and has JGR name on it but your talking about 2000-3000 miles a year in dust free and low heat situations. You would still have to change it and Im sure it doesnt add 2-3 sleds in a race! Just thinking out loud...

when i worked for a yamaha dealer, we always recommended yamalube semi-synth. still to this day dont know why, i was just told to do so. so to avoid any hypocrisy thats what i use :beer:

i use pennsoil 0w20 synthetic and change every 4000km /2500 miles or twice ayear. It starts better in cold weather and gives great fuel mileage with the lite oil. i have seen no cons to using this oil. I would not want to run for full season as oil does get thin by 4000km/2500 miles.I only change filter once a year in spring when i am done riding.

Motors dont care what in them as long as its clean. There are tons of cars that had synthetic oil in them from the first owner and now run conventional oil. Never heard of that hurting a motor before.

nytroman20 said:
Is the amsoil 0w30 a good oil?
The Amsoil 0-40 is designed for Motorcyle/Snowmobile application. I feel it's the best due to the fact you can extend oil drain intervals. I run it for at least 2000km or 1300 miles (every second season)before I change it, and I always feel like I'm draining new oil out. Oh well I just chalk it up to cheap insurance. Just make sure any oil you run has the proper ratings for the application and you won't have any problems. And while we're on the topic of oil, I recommend a roll over valve because these machines puke oil very easily!

Back