• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who else is riding a RX1 this year.

polarisconvert you don't like the mono skid?
I have the proaction and as we all know they are less desirable then most to say the least. Did you have the proaction in prior? If so you notice a big difference between the two?
I'm keeping my eyes open and trying to see if the difference in ride is worth the difference in cash to possibly up grade some day. Just gathering inf on all potential skids i could put in i guess you could say. I know i can put in the m1o or the zx skid as two other option as well but just asking all angles so if the day comes i can upgrade i know what it is i want to do.

Jerry75
I am sure the mono is a good skid and a definite upgrade to your skid. There are too many people that like the skid for it to be junk. I may have been too rough on mine in the bumps. My rails broke, W arm broke. Slides wear out too fast. Added bigger boggie wheels and marginal wheels and I was not happy with the ride. It is a great studder bump skid but not great in the bigger bumps. I have the Cat Z1 skid installed and looking forward to the first ride.

Cool thanks polarisconvert. good info and gives a guy some more to think about.

finally got it, wanted an rx for ten years,aftermarket cams,head work K&Ns w/outerwears, heel
1420397706745.1.jpg
clicker clutch kit,
1420397922147.2.jpg

Here is a updated pic of my 05 with the Z1 Skid installed. I also put on a tunnel extension, Float 2 shocks, new front suspension bushings, Apex Radiator and fan, GPS.

903ecba579df94777eb8cf1e86494222.jpg
0e5f9a8b82e3cfbd2718a11275a6b06a.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a updated pic of my 05 with the Z1 Skid installed. I also put on Float 2 shocks, new front suspension bushings, GPS.
55cc480dd332901f856fd4d404eacd2d.jpg

where did you get your tunnel extension from and what size did you go with polarisconvert?

Muffin Works 136, it is a nice heavy extension

69dc74f3fc161979f7cd983a1a7fab9c.jpg

We have 12" of fresh crisp powder today. Put my 1st 15miles on. Really like this stock RX-1 so far.

With all this viper talk, im wondering who is still riding the RX1 this year?
Post them up!

I love it! No plans to trade in.
Yup I get ya that's what I have love it. 2015 Riding season up here in Canada is lacking snow.

Back