• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WHO HERE JUMPED SHIP TO YAMAHA THIS YEAR??

This is my first yamaha I came off of a 03 AC 900 now have a mountain apex and I love it everything about my apex makes my cat look like poop. I got my first ride in on it last friday all that I can say is that I am looking forward to this season riding yammi :Rockon:

I jumped ship 4 years i a row, had 4 Ski-Doo sleds replace one every year starting with 03, then 04-05-06 now we are all Yamaha and loving every minute of it.

03 RX1
04 RX Warrior
05 RS Venture
06 Apex GT

When you pull up to the pumps with 4 machines you really feel the difference.

NO Smoke
NO 2 stroke oil at 35.00 a gal.
Fit and finish
Quality and workmanship
Sound
Low noise level
Relaibility, had my share of 2 Stroke engine problems over the years.

So I guess the whole package that Yamaha offers.

Over from AC for the last couple of years! Always admired the team blue, just waited for a great suspension.

BRAND SWITCH

Switched from an 02 600 Polaris with M-10. I have been on Polaris sled for 20 years. I have had Yamaha motorcycles for that long. Got my first Yamaha 4-stroke motocrosser in 98 and fell in love with em. Very fast and competative. This is my first Yamaha sled a 2006 Attak. After riding the 06 last spring I was very impressed. Looking forward to the season. I know they can do it. :4STroke:

Ted Jannetty said:
I jumped ship 4 years i a row, had 4 Ski-Doo sleds replace one every year starting with 03, then 04-05-06 now we are all Yamaha and loving every minute of it.

03 RX1
04 RX Warrior
05 RS Venture
06 Apex GT

When you pull up to the pumps with 4 machines you really feel the difference.

NO Smoke
NO 2 stroke oil at 35.00 a gal.
Fit and finish
Quality and workmanship
Sound
Low noise level
Relaibility, had my share of 2 Stroke engine problems over the years.

So I guess the whole package that Yamaha offers.

Hey man nice to meet a fellow drag racer and fellow speed shop owner.
I have a shop in Ontaro canada.
Scott

Since 97, i've owned all 4 brands-97 Polaris Ultra SP-98 SRX-00 SRX-01 ZR800-03 REV600X-05 RX1 and now an Apex GT. I still have the REV too, but the wife and kids ride that. My RX1 made several converts last winter, and in our group, there are 4 new Apexes as a result of how good that RX1 was. We mostly ride in Quebec.

Picked up an attak yesterday. Last Yamaha was a '89 Phazer. Owned 7 new Polaris since '93 and was well satisfied except vibration in the '05 Poo that gave me numb hands on them 250-280 mile days. This old guy(64) rides about 2500 mi./year and hopes this smooth 4 stroke will be a bit better on the carpal tunnel problems. Looking forward to a good winter aboard my attak.

Something tells me were going to see a hell of a lot of blue snow this year!

Amazing how many are jumping. Especially those who have been riding whatever brand for 10-15 plus years. I ride with 2 die hard Cat guys. One was actually REALLY close to going with the RTX this year but he is just not quite sold on the Mono suspension and he was told Yami is going to be updating that skid for 07. Don't know if it's true...but either way I love the mono. The other Cat guy I ride with I don't think will ever change. But then again.......anything can happen with what we have seen Yamaha do in the past 5 years!!!

I have been on Yamaha since 96 when they finally got rid of the pogo sticks. There really is nothing on the snow that compares to the 4 strokes. I always had really good luck with the Yami's. I loved my Viper and I don't know if I will ever sell my SRX. That thing runs liked a raped ape and I just LOVE the feel of a good running triple.

I am going to toss another 2500 miles on the RX this season (God willing) and then look at what going on for 07. If nothing major...then I just may milk the 05 for another season. That's the best thing. These sleds will live for a hell of a lot longer that the 2 strokes.
And purple...don't worry about your carple tunnel. In fact it's so smooth you might want to bring your Ipod on your rides so you dont doze off from all the peace and quiet as you sail down the trails. =)

Hope you all enjoy your new rides...and WELCOME!!!

I bought an 06 Apex Mountain about 3 weeks ago, but am still waiting to ride it. It's my first Yammie sled, I have rode Doo's since I was riding my Dad's sleds, then bought my Summits.

I was looking at seriously buying an M7 or a Summit 800, due to the light handling and maneuverability of them, but i also wanted a sled that will be a contender and reliable for 4-5 years so I took a look at the Apex. Sat on it, loved how it sits/stands (very much rev-like in my opinion), and loved the Fit and Finish (typical amazing Yamaha quality). The styling on this sled is very aggressive as well.

My only concern was and still is the weight, but the more and more people i talk to on Snowest keep telling me the weight is a Non-issue and i wont notice it once i get the hang of the throttle and 4 stroke power. If i dont like it I will be buying an M7 or Doo 8 but i have a feeling i will love it from what i have heard. Plus dropping 30-40lbs off the Apex seems easy to do for under $1000 Canadian, (boss seat and Exhaust system).

PS: Glad to see someone from a 900 Cat that thinks the Apex makes it look like "poo". lol. My buddy rides an 04 King Cat and if he likes my Apex Mountain, he plans on switching to Yammie as well.

I cant wait to prove to people that Yamaha is a contender this year with or without a turbo.

riding blue since 99 but still had ac and skidozer the blue is just dependable. un like my zr 800 or 97 670 both gone. i hope apex gt is all it's suppose to be.i've got alot of riding to do. ;)!

riding blue since 99 but still had ac and skidozer the blue is just dependable. un like my zr 800 or 97 670 both gone. i hope apex gt is all it's suppose to be.i've got alot of riding to do. ;)!

I switched from owning Polaris sleds for the past 15 years to Yamaha this year with a RTX. I was looking for something radically different for my next new sled and none of the other manufacturers came close to Yamaha. My first sled back in 1978 was a Yamaha SL396. Went back to my roots!! Ride it like you stole it!!!!!

:4STroke:

From Doo to u

Rode long list of Ski-Doo for 30 years ( even thru the heavy years). This year is my first..... as I used to call it YAMAHAHAHAHAH!. After my first spin around the yard, Im not laughin now. Cool ride

Back