• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WHO HERE JUMPED SHIP TO YAMAHA THIS YEAR??

There is a lot of tension in the trailer! The Cats line up on one side, the Yammis on the other...and the poor little Z120 cowers in the corner. :(

Back in 87 I went from a Rupp American to an 88 phazer. My 2 regrets with all the yamaha's I've owned are the 95 vmax 600 and my 99 MM600. I haven't been able to part with any of the other ones. Will most likley get a GT next year. This year it was time to upgrade the trailer now that my 2 boys are starting to ride and I couldn't afford a new 4 place enclosed and another sled. My 05 RX1 is tied with the 00 SRX as my favorite maybe the rx will pass it this year.

I ordered a GT that I'll be picking up this weekend. Have always ridden Doo's, but on the last two ('01 MXZ 800 and '02 MXZX 800), had tons of problems. The '01: reed valves twice, recoil three times. The '02: reed valves twice, recoil twice. This in addition to the normal wear and tear kind of problems. I'm hoping the switch to Yami will be smooth and I'll never look back, but I kept the '02 just in case (I love that sled on the trails).

Tob

had an 89 exciter,then no sled for 8 yrs,99 zr700, that i picked up last spring,never even got to ride it yet(friends buying it) now i have my attak...i dont regret it.I have had many sleds before the exciter, but it was my favorite.

12 Polaris's since 1989, great sleds, just not so realiable these last few years with the blown power valve problems. Bought the Apex ER this year, my first Yammi.

Haven't rode Yamaha since my Phazer when I was a kid. Rode Cats through the 90's and been on Polaris since 2000. Can't wait to try my Apex Mtn.

Zedosix,
Excellent choice and I want to say that I'm impressed that someone that loyal to another manufacturer has switched. A lot of people I know are just brand loyal to the point of stupidity. The sled manufacturers have a responsibility to us as consumers to continually put out a better product and Polaris has slacked a bit since the mid 90's. I hope you enjoy your new Yami! ;)!

Yes Rock, I was very loyal to Polaris, actually to the dealer, his service was impeccable, I will miss just going in to his shop to look at the new sleds this year. When I finish work for this season ( I own a landscape co.) I will probably go down and tell him the bad (for him) news. Me and a few buddies from vermont have a trip planned around lake superior this season, 5 Apex's and one renegade. All have switched mostly from Arctic cat over to Yamaha. Can't wait for snow!

zed

This is my first ever Yamaha. I was a long time Cat rider and recently bought my first ever Ski Doo's. Just a few years ago you couldn't give me A Doo or Yamaha, boy have times changed. The year before I bought my 04 800 Rev I had the oportunity to ride an 03 RX1 for an extended period and I jumped all over it since I was ready for a change and the RX1 and Rev were on the top of my wish list. Well I hated the ride of the RX1 and I said when they put a suspension under that sled and add EFI then maybe I'll consider it. Then the Apex came out in 06 and here I am the proud owner of a new Red Apex ER BTW I'm still waiting for the call from my dealer! I'm very excited about this new sled and I hope it's everything the mags say it is and more!

My new Apex RTX (or RX1 ER SP, as it's called in Sweden) is my first Yamaha. This is also my first post to this forum - you seem like a friendly bunch :)

Coming from a string of SkiDoos, most recently a 2004 600 HO SDI MXZ X.

I really disliked the old RX-1 handling, suspension and cornering, but the engine was awesome. The Apex line seems to marry that engine to a REV-style seating position and handling characteristics, so to me it seemed like the best of both worlds. Also the fit and finish of Yamaha is as always very good.

I'm really excited about the RTX, and can't wait for it to finally start snowing over here :) My only concern is the weight, but hopefully it will feel as light as reviews claims.

Oh, and just to make you overseas guys feel even better about your purchase - a RTX is about $19,300 in Sweden :o|

I've been a Yamaguy for years but since I got my Warrior,and let my Ski-doo friends try it,they traded theirs immediatly and bought RX-1's and Warriors.They say it's the best sled they've ever owned.They freak out at the tork and gas milage!

After 20 yrs of POLARIS i have JUMP SHIP Thank Freakin God!!!!!!!!!!!!

APEX GT WOO HOO

Had a Rev 800 HO, yes I had ring problems. Been reading about the Yamaha 4 strokes for years, the new apex is perfect for me cant wait for snow so I can ride it.

Had only Cats. Had money down on a crossfire 600 sno pro and was waiting forever for it to come in. My AC dealer is also a Yamaha dealer, while waiting for my crossfire the yamahas caught my eye and that never happened before. To make a long story short I bought a Apex ER red it has es and rev. which the cat did not. 8300 crossfire sno pro, 8899 Apex i think the extra $ was well worth it. Im here to stay. Crossfire SP still didnt come in yet!

Back