• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who is riding...who isnt?

Who is riding? Who isnt?

• Your trails are open

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Your trails are 'not' open

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

i haven't ridden yet, i'm a bit of a snow snob, i won't trailer 7 hrs for below average conditions. thinking of heading west, but even they are way below there normal snowfall totals

Guys, it's January 8, there's 3 months left yet! We just got another 7" last night. Gotta babysit tomorrow! :o|

peterdb said:
MrSled said:
328 miles in 2 days in the UP :)
tom, is that 328 miles of good trails, fair trails, excellent trails, poor/mediocre?....be honest

50% of them were good as of Friday but with the warm weather and the amount of traffic it went to crap quick. I wouldn't travel 7 hours to ride on it...but if its all you got it may be all you'll have for this season. Be prepared to replace some hyfax, break some wheels and who knows what else you might hit.

Did 125 miles on Logging roads starting around Isabella Mn. Went up to the BWCA Pagami creek Fire area to check out some of the damage from the big Fire. Wasn't pretty but Mother Nature will Sprout back.

Lots of high speed Road Ridin. Ate and Gassed at the Trestle. Roads were good Flat and Smooth for the most part very few Clicks, Trails need lots of Help. Even did some Goat paths to some of the Lakes. Lots of big Rocks and Trees just enough room for the Ski's to get through. Just the place for the One Ton HA. Made me think of the Bubble hood and Elan days. Was good to get some miles on. There is Snow to be had you just have to Scratch around..
Later JIM

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_1217.JPG
    Copy of IMG_1217.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Copy of IMG_1223.JPG
    Copy of IMG_1223.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 96
  • Copy of IMG_1231.JPG
    Copy of IMG_1231.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 101
  • Copy of IMG_1228.JPG
    Copy of IMG_1228.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Copy of IMG_1219.JPG
    Copy of IMG_1219.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 95
  • Copy of IMG_1229.JPG
    Copy of IMG_1229.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 93
dirt

bottlerocket said:
Michigan trails are open starting Dec. 1st and some ride with or without snow.....Amazing!

Brother you got that right some say the trails are good and when I go out and take a look it is bare gravel.

Some people ride the plowed roads around Caddy when the trails are a 10.

MrSled said:
peterdb said:
MrSled said:
328 miles in 2 days in the UP :)
tom, is that 328 miles of good trails, fair trails, excellent trails, poor/mediocre?....be honest

50% of them were good as of Friday but with the warm weather and the amount of traffic it went to crap quick. I wouldn't travel 7 hours to ride on it...but if its all you got it may be all you'll have for this season. Be prepared to replace some hyfax, break some wheels and who knows what else you might hit.
thank you for that honest assessment....(i'm beginning to get depressed) looks like i won't be seeing the TY group until the give-a-way....hopefully

Finally made it to the camp for several days. Rode 40 high speed miles up the lake and back...smooth as silk. Trails in the bush weren't too bad either.

peterdb said:
i haven't ridden yet, i'm a bit of a snow snob, i won't trailer 7 hrs for below average conditions. thinking of heading west, but even they are way below there normal snowfall totals

395383_10150484362944620_507399619_8951539_1890361903_n.jpg

WEST IS THE ANSWER!!!! More Snow than we know what to do with!!!![/img]

Back