• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Whos Got the Most Miles on there 2007 Phazer so far

OC, now that you have ridden it more, how about a no bs full monty review?

Tell me what you think are problem areas Yamaha should address; then see what the '08 looks like and comment.

I was set, yes, on ordering an '08 figuring for sure it would be improved. Now it looks like the best deal is an '07 and fix it myself.

I still want a 4s without spending a ton of $$. The Phazer is the only sled in this catagory. I would prefer a 136" x 1.25 track, works best in my conditions for combo trail/powder. The 2" lugs are too much here.

Still thinking....

Irondoghalf said:
OC, now that you have ridden it more, how about a no bs full monty review?

Tell me what you think are problem areas Yamaha should address; then see what the '08 looks like and comment.

I was set, yes, on ordering an '08 figuring for sure it would be improved. Now it looks like the best deal is an '07 and fix it myself.

I still want a 4s without spending a ton of $$. The Phazer is the only sled in this catagory. I would prefer a 136" x 1.25 track, works best in my conditions for combo trail/powder. The 2" lugs are too much here.

Still thinking....

I love the machine, but am growing tired of the Yamaha BS. I just got done talking with the factory...what a run around. Can not talk specifically to the RTA (Regional Technical Assistant) or anyone that has thier finger on the pulse. Sent over some pictures with a detailed account of the problems, expecting a call back within 24 hours from a manager in the technical center. I'd call the customer support side of the business the red headed step child syndrome.

As for my report, well I love it. The 80 hp mill might seem under powered for people compensating, but it'll run with and past anything on a typical NYS trail. Played pin the tail with mighty Dragons, the fastest thing in the world F7 and racer wanna BEE REV's. None pulled away... :tg:

The seating position is just right IMO, I find myself seated more than in the past with the REV. The seat padding is OK in my book, this isn't a touring sled...so if your running over 120 miles or so on really ruff stuff your checks will feel a rub. What I notice most jumping off onto the REV is how thin this feels. The REV just feels like the fat lady @ the bar after some miles on the Phazer. I've be a loyalist to the REV, still am in some regards.

The suspension (other than the idler wheel issue(s)) is great for my style of riding. It rides smooth over the Sunday trails and sucks up the moguls when the trail is bombed out. It flies really flat when the tunnel isn't full of ice and rebound is perfect with the FX.

The controls, pod, bars (FX are hooked) are all great...I would like to have recall, maybe temperature...but that is nitpicking stuff. The ride is somewhat cold when you first head out in the mornings, should be fixable with the GT panels. By cold, I'm talking the top part of the legs.

Would I have spring checked if I was aware of these problems? Probably not, not from the standpoint of the unit...rather from my discussion with Yamaha and the dealer. The worst part of the experience is documenting the issues and getting lip service from Yamaha, then not being able to talk with someone other than a customer service representative sitting in an office. The unit is fixable, but I feel as someone that paid close to full retail...Yamaha and the dealership should fix. Otherwise, give me back my $2000 or so that I'm taking in the shorts from snow checking and I will fix their design flaws.

If I was in your position, pick up a leftover (FX are on short supply) and fix the small problems. Lots of good information here on TY by other members that have shared their experiences. I would purchase another Phazer, but not @ retail and have to deal with the BS. I would not snocheck an '08 period, the mill is what is important here...not the BNG's.

well, glad you like it. Good review. Do you have the shorty or the mtn lite?
I want the longer track, but not necessarily a 144.

I see several reports here of failed rear suspension arms....perhaps thats why Yamaha put a whole new skid in the mtn lite, I dunno.

There ain't a single Phazer in my town, of any variation, and no dealer...yet. My Polaris dealer is picking up Yamaha for next year, and he's been good to me for sure.

I would really like to ride one first....was hoping someone I knew would bring one to town, but given its nearly March already, don't think that is going to happen. Thus, I have been gleaning everything I can off these forums!

Was hoping the factory would have closed off the tunnel for next year; not a single owner that has closed theirs is complaining of exhaust overheat. I would have no problem doing just that if I bought one.

Going to keep my eye out on the paper for any swinging deals on '07's.

Thanks!

I have 3100 miles.
-Overheating constantly until Yamaha put a fan in, now the light comes on, but it seem to cool itself after awhile.
-Broken the rear suspension 3 times.
-The sled ices up to the point that it's damaging parts of the tunnel. Also this srews up the handling and makes it ride differently all the time. Really takes the fun out of riding you think it's set up right then it ices up, flies funny, bottoms easily and so on.
-Clutching was waaay out, hitting the rev limiter stock. Yamaha said fix it yourself......
-The song and dance, everytime something broke it was "my fault" and I was the "only one"that was having troubles
-The running boards icing up every hour...
-Quite tippy when pushed...
-Rides like the buckboard express, breaks anyhow
-Ski's suck
-Reverse engaement is a joke (only Okay if your one of those people who makes excuses for Yamaha)
-Not a great sled, other than the awesome engine, that doesn't start when it's cold out.
-Crappy sled overall, I wish I bought a REV 600 SDI. And I think that sums it up.....Too bad, could've been the most significant sled ever, instead it's one that's jusat too many headaches, and for what.........$9000

Isthatahemi:
Sounds like a horrible sled, sell it now, before it kills you..
better sell it cheap so you can leave the nightmare behind.
Run, as fast as you can go get a REV... go quickly...

Phazed-Coug said:
Isthatahemi:

I tried doing just that, I'm "upside down" equity wise on the loan. I'm stuck! During the very brief moments when it's working properly, it is a blast to drive.

Isthatahemi_ said:
Phazed-Coug said:
Isthatahemi:

I tried doing just that, I'm "upside down" equity wise on the loan. I'm stuck! During the very brief moments when it's working properly, it is a blast to drive.

just reck it then and collect the insurance! you wont be upside down then(well, besides the reck) anymore and you can go get the sled of your dreams!! ;)!

Hmmm.... Hemi joined yesterday to make a laundry list of complaints but has 3100 miles on an FX? Is that you again, Phazerjunk?

If so, I thought getting your F6 back was PRICELESS.

Isthatahemi_ said:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=41637&start=15

A little brand loyal are we? Link above bottom of page....
I guess that would make a little sense considering that this is in fact a brand loyal forum.

The issues you've reported have been posted in the past, it's allowed and even welcomed as it helps us all work together to help make better sleds. Others have taken your same route in contacting customer service to get their issues resolved. Still others have come up with fixes on their own and shared them with the forum.

Going forward, now that we know you're opinon regarding the design of your sled and brand loyalists, it would be good if your posts took on a more constructive tone.

We're relatively tolerant but this is a brand loyal site. :yam:

Phazed-Coug said:
Isthatahemi:

My thoughts exactly. LOL

Isthatahemi_ said:
Phazed-Coug said:
Isthatahemi:

Then how did you amast 3100 miles on a sled that only runs for brief periods of time. Or does this sled go 3100 miles an hour. :ORC

Sled Dog said:
Isthatahemi_ said:
Phazed-Coug said:
Isthatahemi:

Then how did you amast 3100 miles on a sled that only runs for brief periods of time. Or does this sled go 3100 miles an hour. :ORC

You know what I mean! You act like I've just insulted your next of kin! Then word is amass BTW. Funny how anyone on this site who isn't brand loyal must be lying. This is my third Yamaha, for the record.
We had snow here before December, I ride 300 miles average on saturdays, 150 on thursday evening, my sled was down 3 times from saturday till the friday following. Missed a few weekends.....It's not all that complicated. Last ride was the 17th........Those brief moments were when there wasn't a 40# booger of ice under the track making it bottom, and ski lift..........Assuming it started that day without a boost.

Isthatahemi_ said:
Sled Dog said:
Isthatahemi_ said:
Phazed-Coug said:
Isthatahemi:

Intelligent question!
We had snow here before December, I ride 300 miles average on saturdays, 150 on thursday evening, my sled was down 3 times from saturday till the friday following. Missed a few weekends.....It's not all that complicated. Last ride was the 17th........Those brief moments were when there wasn't a 40 booger of ice under the track making it bottom, and ski lift..........

Thank You! I thought it was an intellegent question as well!

3100 / 450 miles thats almost 7 weeks of 450 mile per week rides and your still complaining! Hmmmmm :dunno:

Back